jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Copyright Problem

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

When I paste sections of one my hubs in Google search, a site that is selling a book on the subject comes up No matter what section of my hub I paste this site shows it copied. The only thing is that you can't find it on the site. It is like it is hidden. Is this possible to do with html?

There is nowhere on the site to contact them. What would you do?

1. Suzanne Day profile image96
      Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Report DMCA to Google, explaining the URL and what happens (ie it is hidden). I had an ebook steal mine too, and reported it. Plus the ebook site had evil malware on it that I am still dealing with.....so don't click too far in without protection!!!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unless google is hosting the site, it has no authority to take it down.  Google does not own the internet.

At best google will de-index the site, but it is still up and can still be found.  Worse, the other search engines still have it indexed. 

DMCA's are not much value unless filed with someone that can and will remove offending material.  Either the site owner or the host, in other words.  Google, unless it is the host, should be the last ditch effort - an effort that should include all advertisers (adsense, Amazon, etc.) on the site.  I've even had success complaining to the Swedish government - they can, if they will, obviously apply far more pressure than I can and in that case did just that.  The site owner AND the host had declined to take action, but a little pressure from the right quarter can do wonders.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
          Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Suzanne. I will see what happens.

working