jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Why is my hub scored so low?

1. Fryday profile image89
    Frydayposted 3 years ago

I just wrote a new article: http://fryday.hubpages.com/hub/Desoxyn

I am trying to figure out why I scored a 73, while my other articles have scored 83+....  I would appreciate anyone's input and constructive criticism.  Thank you!  :-)

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Add sub-headings so people can navigate through the sections more easily.

Just saying where you got a photo from, doesn't make it legal.  The photo needs to be licensed to allow it.  I wrote a Hub about how to get photos, you'll find it on the slider on my profile.

Frydayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If you click on the blue writing below the picture, it takes you to the source of the picture.  When I searched through Google images I made sure all the pictures were "licensed for reuse" through the search tools.

1. Writer Fox profile image57
          Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Photo attributions are not part of the QAP score.

2. Cardisa profile image93
          Cardisaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You still need to check the website/webpage fro the photo to make sure it has the appropriate license. Sometimes Google messes up, especially with photos.

2. Fryday profile image89

I write more newspaper/magazine style articles.  I don't think it is appropriate to use sub-headings for the type of content I write.  My articles are over 1000 words.  They rarely include "sections", but instead, paragraphs.

Frydayposted 3 years ago

The article lists a bunch of different side effects Desoxyn causes.  Should I be breaking them down into individual lines with bullets?  There are A LOT of side effects..

3. Fryday profile image89
    Frydayposted 3 years ago

The article took me almost 6 hours of straight work to complete... :-(

4. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Your hub is good one, but it does have ways to make it better.  I only skimmed your hub, but here is what I noticed.
    1.   Two polls one right after the other. You may want to right justify them and put them more inside the article.
    2.  The paragraphs aren't titled. This makes it hard to find the information they need for people who skim. Also these headings are helpful places to put keywords that search engines use to find your hub.
    3.  Semicolons and colons are used incorrectly. I saw one instance of each during my skim. Here's a hub that will explain semicolons: http://cclitgirl.hubpages.com/hub/semic … e-of-colon
    4.  Your pictures don't appear to be legally used.  See this Learning Center article: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Thank you for the useful information.  :-)  My pictures are legally used though.  I believe going over my grammar would be a great idea.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Also, the last paragraph about marijuana is off topic.

6. rainsanmartin profile image90
    rainsanmartinposted 3 years ago

Simply posting a comment and answering a question once or twice per week would bring up your score, based on my experience.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is not going to help the score of a specific hub.

Ya.  I am talking about the score on my hub, not my profile score.  I don't care about that.

7. Fryday profile image89
    Frydayposted 3 years ago

I did some revising to my article.  I think once it is re-reviewed, I should get a better score.  Check it out if you like. :-)  Thank you for your advice everyone.

8. Pkumarpal8 profile image78
    Pkumarpal8posted 3 years ago

Hello everyone I am new on hubpages. And till date I have only two published hubs. Can anyone tell me that why my first hub score is reducing after publising my second hub.

working