What do you think is a good "hub score" on your article?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. sarahspradlin profile image91
    sarahspradlinposted 6 years ago

I've heard to disregard that but I'm still a little curious. Honestly I don't know how the score is even decided but those of you that have a lot of followers or have been able to make money, what is your average score per article?

Thank you!

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

If I go by the number at the top of score in my stats, I guess my average is 77. I have articles that are in the 90s and others in the 80s , others in the 70s and a few in the high 60s. It's my feeling that an article in the high 70s is acceptable and one in the 80s or 90s is preferable. But I agree with others, the score is not that important. I have low scoring ones that get a lot of traffic and earn money.

But I will say that I've heard that score is partly measured by things like whether the reader is staying and reading and interacting and getting something, evidently, from the article; so I consider that to some extent when I look at an articles score. Because I've noticed that the lowest trafficked articles often have the higher scores; which makes me think it's because people are staying on the page and reading and participating, etc. Because I know traffic probably has little to do with the score.

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My current average is 86, but it floats up and down depending on various factors including whether I add new content.

Some writers on HP think a score isn't useful, but I find it's a good indication of an article's ability to appeal to search engines.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

In a sense you're right, because the quantity of Google traffic is a major factor in HubScore. So if a Hub is getting good traffic, its score will rise.

1. profile image0

Longer Hubs with more photos also tend to have higher scores, and Google favors longer, in-depth articles. More photos increase engagement and time on page, again boosting rank.

2. NateB11 profile image88

Yes, because quality is still a factor in SEO.

3. NateB11 profile image88

People are saying traffic has a major effect on score so I went back to see if I was right in my own case that it doesn't and it pans out, basically. I have an article with the highest score at 95 and its traffic is comparatively low at 29 for a day. I have one with a score of 87 with no traffic for the day, 4 in a week and 262 views all time; the thing is more than 2 years old. My current highest trafficked article is scored at 83, second highest trafficked one at 81.

Looking at my other account, I have an article that gets hundreds of views a day and is scored at 76. Another one with more traffic scored at 87. Also I recall admin saying at one time that traffic account for a minuscule amount of Hub Score. For instance:

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/123 … ost2624661

Notice here Paul doesn't say, try to get a lot of traffic to boost your Hub Score. He basically says write quality content, etc.

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/123 … ost2619880

4. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't care about hub score. Never have. It's never affected traffic or anything else

2. profile image0
    pen promulgatesposted 6 years ago

@ Nate, do you think a high hubscore is also needed (high seventies and above) for an article to be moved to a vertical site?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No.   HubScore has no impact on whether a Hub is moved to a niche site.

2. NateB11 profile image88

Marisa's right. Hub Score has no bearing on articles moved to niche sites; Hub Score is its own independent animal from a lot of things, subject to controversy and anxiety, which I've witnessed for years. Seems to be a mystery what the Hub Score is all about. At any rate, there is specific criteria for getting moved to niche sites which mainly involves the quality of the article as measured by editors and the rating system I believe; it's somewhere in the FAQ or Learning Center, what the criteria is.

Here's a resource on what they expect from articles for the niche sites, if you haven't seen it already:

http://hubpages.com/help/sites-editorial-policy

Of course, an article must be featured too. Criteria for that is here:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#Featured-Criteria

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Traffic influences hubscore. Don't put the cart before the horse.

4. Glenis Rix profile image96
    Glenis Rixposted 6 years ago

It seems originality of content bumps a score up too. My life writing has the highest scores but lowest traffic.

1. profile image0

I understand your point. Life writing is hard to rank high in search engines.

5. debarati sarkar profile image59
    debarati sarkarposted 4 years ago

How to get a good hubscore and good artcle?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Debarati,

To succeed at HubPages, you must be able to write in almost perfect English. You also need to write about topics that people are looking for.

I had a look at your face pack article and there are a lot of grammatical errors throughout. I would suggest working on your English skills, reading articles that are successful here, and spending some time browsing the Learning Center.

https://hubpageshelp.com/

1. debarati sarkar profile image59
        debarati sarkarposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much.I will work hard on this.

6. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

Hubscore is just really just a very crude, automated indicator. But it's nice to have everything in the 90's. 70's or lower is generally a hub that's not really going anywhere. Of course, it takes time for the score to climb after it's published. For me, earnings is the most important thing, followed by number of views.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)