jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

What do you think is a good "hub score" on your article?

1. sarahspradlin profile image79
    sarahspradlinposted 6 weeks ago

I've heard to disregard that but I'm still a little curious. Honestly I don't know how the score is even decided but those of you that have a lot of followers or have been able to make money, what is your average score per article?

Thank you!

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

If I go by the number at the top of score in my stats, I guess my average is 77. I have articles that are in the 90s and others in the 80s , others in the 70s and a few in the high 60s. It's my feeling that an article in the high 70s is acceptable and one in the 80s or 90s is preferable. But I agree with others, the score is not that important. I have low scoring ones that get a lot of traffic and earn money.

But I will say that I've heard that score is partly measured by things like whether the reader is staying and reading and interacting and getting something, evidently, from the article; so I consider that to some extent when I look at an articles score. Because I've noticed that the lowest trafficked articles often have the higher scores; which makes me think it's because people are staying on the page and reading and participating, etc. Because I know traffic probably has little to do with the score.

2. promisem profile image94
      promisemposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

My current average is 86, but it floats up and down depending on various factors including whether I add new content.

Some writers on HP think a score isn't useful, but I find it's a good indication of an article's ability to appeal to search engines.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

In a sense you're right, because the quantity of Google traffic is a major factor in HubScore. So if a Hub is getting good traffic, its score will rise.

1. promisem profile image94

Longer Hubs with more photos also tend to have higher scores, and Google favors longer, in-depth articles. More photos increase engagement and time on page, again boosting rank.

2. NateB11 profile image92

Yes, because quality is still a factor in SEO.

3. NateB11 profile image92

People are saying traffic has a major effect on score so I went back to see if I was right in my own case that it doesn't and it pans out, basically. I have an article with the highest score at 95 and its traffic is comparatively low at 29 for a day. I have one with a score of 87 with no traffic for the day, 4 in a week and 262 views all time; the thing is more than 2 years old. My current highest trafficked article is scored at 83, second highest trafficked one at 81.

Looking at my other account, I have an article that gets hundreds of views a day and is scored at 76. Another one with more traffic scored at 87. Also I recall admin saying at one time that traffic account for a minuscule amount of Hub Score. For instance:

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/123 … ost2624661

Notice here Paul doesn't say, try to get a lot of traffic to boost your Hub Score. He basically says write quality content, etc.

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/123 … ost2619880

4. robhampton profile image90
      robhamptonposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I don't care about hub score. Never have. It's never affected traffic or anything else

2. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 6 weeks ago

@ Nate, do you think a high hubscore is also needed (high seventies and above) for an article to be moved to a vertical site?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

No.   HubScore has no impact on whether a Hub is moved to a niche site.

2. NateB11 profile image92

Marisa's right. Hub Score has no bearing on articles moved to niche sites; Hub Score is its own independent animal from a lot of things, subject to controversy and anxiety, which I've witnessed for years. Seems to be a mystery what the Hub Score is all about. At any rate, there is specific criteria for getting moved to niche sites which mainly involves the quality of the article as measured by editors and the rating system I believe; it's somewhere in the FAQ or Learning Center, what the criteria is.

Here's a resource on what they expect from articles for the niche sites, if you haven't seen it already:

http://hubpages.com/help/sites-editorial-policy

Of course, an article must be featured too. Criteria for that is here:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#Featured-Criteria

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 weeks ago

Traffic influences hubscore. Don't put the cart before the horse.

4. Glenis Rix profile image85
    Glenis Rixposted 6 weeks ago

It seems originality of content bumps a score up too. My life writing has the highest scores but lowest traffic.

1. promisem profile image94

I understand your point. Life writing is hard to rank high in search engines.

working