jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

New Here, Introducing Myself

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Hello, my name is Kathleen. I am a writer from NJ new to hubpages. I have posted nine hubs I believe but haven't popped my head in to say hello so I just wanted to stop in the forums and introduce myself! If any experienced hubbers would do me a huge favor and look over my hubs and give me some feedback that would be really, really appreciated! Thanks guys! <link snipped>

1. Cre8tor profile image97
      Cre8torposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kathleen and Welcome to HP! I popped in on a couple of your Hubs and think you're off to a great start. I'm anxious to get back and read a couple more that caught my eye.

I always feel like I'm not doing any justice if I don't offer any advice but I don't have any here. I did notice however that you may have hit the "enter" key a time too many in your Hub about religion and war. It was in a later paragraph. Nothing big but it did pop out at me.

2. isharkbait profile image92
      isharkbaitposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hey there and welcome! I'd say that you are off to a good start with your writing. I will admit that I only read two of your hubs, but what I read was very well written.

My only suggestion would be to make sure that you rad over your hubs before you publish them. I know I sometimes I miss mistakes when I work on something for too long, but if I go back after not thinking about it for a few hours I find all my mistakes. I wish you the best of luck!

3. luvtoowrite profile image56
      luvtoowriteposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP, it looks like you are off to a great start!

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93

Thanks for viewing my hubs and for your feedback! Greatly appreciate it!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Salutes n hoots from a fellow Jerseyan. The only advice I can offer is to have fun and write well.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image76
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Hello Kathleen from one Jersey-an to another. Welcome to HP. After reading work which you wrote well, the advice which I would suggest is before you publish is to let it sit for a day and then reread it again to check for errors.

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
      Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! Wise advice!

5. ologsinquito profile image94
    ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago

Congratulations and best of luck with your writing.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Welcome Kathleen.  My advice to you is this - think about your audience.  If you want search engine traffic, you need to make sure your titles and subtitles have keywords - things that someone will put in a search engine to find the article. 

Read the Learning Center entries - lots of useful information there.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

I recommend search engine route, since your traffic will last longer.

If you want social networking traffic, you need to make sure your hub follows the criteria for going viral:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/12/viral- … u-to-know/

7. Thelma Alberts profile image86
    Thelma Albertsposted 3 years ago

Hi! Nice to meet you here. I see you already got a lot of advices. I hope you´ll enjoy it here. Have fun. Welcome to HP!

8. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the great advice!

working