jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

article written elsewhere

1. animalman profile image71
    animalmanposted 3 years ago

I recently wrote an article for a local publication. Am I able to transfer that to a hub without having to re-type the whole thing? And if so, how do I do it?

1. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Animalman!

Content published on other sites cannot be posted on HubPages (until it has been removed from the other site(s)).

Here's our FAQ entry on moving online content. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Happy Hubbing!!

animalmanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your reply Camille. It's not on another site it was a short piece written for a local newspaper as an add-on next to an ad I had purchased. I'll probably change the article a bit so it isn't exactly the same as what I submitted to the paper even though I don't think there would be any problem.

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If it's not on the internet, you might be able to do it. Word of warning --- check with the newspaper, magazine, or wherever it is to make sure they'll allow you to do so. Although you may still retain the copyright, their small print may tell you you're not allowed to publish it anywhere else for a specific period of time.

animalmanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your input Sheila, I appreciate it.

working