Create your own character!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Darksage profile image59
    Darksageposted 10 years ago

So I was thinking of different characters of a book. Protagonist, antagonist, sidekicks and the likes. I wonder what kind of characters are you guys capable of making. Make one right now! With back story and bio and post it here,

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Stillness encompassed the encampment. Most were gone now as a murky fog fell like a woolen blanket thick and close to the earth. Sparse mounds of grass slowly dripped droplets of the dew becoming splashes of sludge puddles. The cruel mixture of powdered sulfur from artillery fire lasting for too many weeks raged with a rank odor.

Lanky, worn well like a rag muffin pup coming in from the rain, his overcoat torn and scruffy dragged through the mire. Each step of his crinkled, leathery boots, untied, was a reminder the day promised only more death. Surely another dance with crimson red for the painter’s brush of agony would mix a symphony of uttered cries beseeching another’s helping hand. Barely passed the age of fancy roses held out toward an early spring love the conflict wore upon him as if aged jerky cured on a hook for a season. His dazed, empty stare left his steel blue eyes, beacons of despair, and reflections of life’s misery like a lighthouse cutting the fog’s dense, clinging fingers of dampness.

Barely twenty he wore the eagles accorded a colonel, yet never knew the right way to plow a field for a corn harvest. Strife between the states taking sides along a hidden line, family tradition and courtesy, meant his years as a young sapling at the military academy dictated taking a stance. Abruptly stopping almost hearing the neigh of stout and sure footed steed his boots held the ground still while he stooped upon on knee. Bowing his head muffled words broke the stark morning silence while sparsity of passerby’s nodded a glance. His fingers fashioned for a piano concerto slowly combed pale tresses of unkempt edges discovering crumpled flakes of maple and oak. The day began as most since the battle began some weeks earlier.

Darksageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Interesting way creating a character like that! Wow, it's like we can even imagine the setting. I wonder about the name. I must say that the name is always important. But overall that was a great!

1. tsmog profile image85
          tsmogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes . . . the name . . . buy the book! Just kidding . . . I will remember the suggestion. A name is important.

Name's always important! It's something that people will remember. What's the book? I might grab it and check it out, especially with a character like that.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Darksage: I think you should supply the background and suggest what characters you need. It is hard to come up with random characters for whatever… Well, actually it is too easy. We need a purpose.

Check out this character:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMS-NJ7VxU

Pretty much any character that comes up to your mind! I enjoy how characters are made in stories and how people come up with them. I always think that when they create a character, the character they create is one part of them. So think about it as a get-to-know forum or something smile

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

You might be a farmer. I don't think so, though. Why don't you have a go?

What? Ouch. Okay then. I'll take a character I'm making in my book as of now.

Max Krueger, the perfect man. Tall, handsome, blue-eyes, blonde hair, an intelligence that most men would consider as "genius". Of course a man like him has to have a secret. A dark secret. (I don't want to spoil it here, since it would ruin the book.) He has a "friend", a girl whose name is Sofia Grace, and she too is perfect. Together they seem to be the perfect couple. But there are somethings that they don't know about each other. Some things.

Will that suffice? I don't want to put him up, but I have to. Great, now someone might come up with the same name and character. Lol. But it doesn't worry me as much. I hope that proves that I just want to talk about characters in people's heads and not steal them. That would be like stealing people's dreams and keeping them to myself. That would suck.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I have never really understood the point of making "characters" rather than coming up with a book idea in total.  Separating character from story seems to me a recipe for making the process so much harder.

Just make any character, plus you have a a back story to tell for the character, so I guess that's enough of a story.

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Psycheskinner, why can't you play nicely like the other children? You have to stop thinking and you'll be much happier, like me.

My character is a geeky kind of boy. He likes computers, math and algorithms... basically all those boring things that don't matter. He couldn't get a gf if his life depended on it and even the other male, geeks in the science and chess club seem to shun him. His teachers have tried over the years to inform his parents that he needs to be easier to relate to... friendly even. Maybe take up a sport or join a collectors club... possibly 4-H, but he prefers the blue light of his computer and the silence his own company provides him. He somehow makes it through his high school years without being beaten to a pulp and joins a fraternity of like minded nerds where he comes up with a crazy idea for a new website. He calls it... Countenance-Album. It takes off like a rocket, he becomes richer than Midas and Clark Zuckerstein becomes the richest young person ever in the history of the world.

Thank you for such a well detailed character. I wonder what's the character's name?

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

Enox is an alien from the planet Altair. He must leave Altair because the beings on this planet have fallen asleep. He is superiorly intelligent and leads a group of fellow scientists who have managed to keep themselves awake. They create a ship for a one way trip to earth. Enox is the captain of the ship. His friends are loyal to him as he is quietly powerful with an amazing sense of humor. He can read minds and uses this ability to subtly contribute to the intellectual and spiritual progress of his friends.
          These aliens are tall, and graceful. They have beautiful faces as genetic engineering selected for beauty on this planet. Unfortunately, beauty had become the main concern and eventually the inhabitants grew bored having no inner life to speak of. Enox, however, was interested in everything having to do with nature, truth and reality as it existed on his planet and in the solar system. Yet, only he and his rebel comrades had maintained interest in life and living.
          Long ago, before a One World Government took control of Altair, his father told young Enox tales about a strange craft that had arrived from Earth. Enox never forgot the stories his father relayed to him about this exciting planet.
      Enox longed to go to Earth. It was inhabited by beings who were still awake: They fought, they had wars, they loved power and beauty and art and machines. They had amazing advanced technologies, medicine and inventions. They believed in one God, they argued there was no God. They were free to buy and sell whatever they produced or mined, there were individual countries, there were different races... 
         Enox and his comrades were determined to travel to earth no matter how long it took, they anticipated about ten years. How long had he endured the boredom of Planet Altair's slow but steady drift into sleepiness….

You deserve a cookie! Not only you made a character but you also made an entire new world! I'm hoping that you would make a story out of this! Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome. I hope others will contribute.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

Round Blob is very round.  He is blue but don't let that deceive you.  Inside he is also round. Blob has but one thought in life.  We don't know what that is.

Blob has, or will have, many adventures.  As yet though not a lot has happened.  He waits patiently for his turn to appear on the back of a cereal packet or maybe condoms.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8866405_f248.jpg

Actually, you might want to contact a condom company!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Probably not.  We'll let him decide.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

I think you have tainted him for life. He now has only one destiny. Think of it! He could have been a Hubbie Award. He could have been the logo on the next space craft to Mars. He could have brought joy to the children of America every morning on their cereal packets! But alas, he is exactly the size and proportion for a condom package. There is a lesson here and I'm not sure what it is. 
        But, thats okay... who could say "no" to Round Blob?
        And of course we know what his one thought is!

(Don't let his color deceive you!)

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol Kathryn - just lol. I need you to do the marketing and we'll have free condoms for life.

And fame, money and power! ( Not in that order.)
            But, can I still market my Tee shirts that say "Step Away From the Eggs!"?
            or "Step Away From the Testosterone!"?
            Sadly no.
            And you will be making way more money than I will.

Hmmmm….Will I fold for the sake of fame, money and power??
            That is a good question.

(Five minutes later.)
            No thanks, Mark.  A sound Sleep from a clean conscience is better than money, fame and power.
            Sorry.

2. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha...He looks like a blueberry in a Burberry!

3. Darksage profile image59

Hey Blob! Interesting character. It's a round character! lol. I can even see him and all.

6. aware profile image69
    awareposted 10 years ago

content farmers are one big reason I don't put hubs up anymore.

what do they farm?  and why?

7. aware profile image69
    awareposted 10 years ago

ideas. words lifted and rearranged in a similar order.
    farm do they? why? and what? I wrote that using the words u did. its mine now. I just wrote it better. ty for the idea.

Yikes.

8. richardkuohn profile image61
    richardkuohnposted 10 years ago

Cool maybe I'll come up with something.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)