jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Why bother promoting my hubs when I earn less as my views increase?

1. sleepylog profile image96
    sleepylogposted 3 years ago

Lately, I've received twice the amount of traffic for my hubs yet my earnings from the HP ad program have only increased by a few measely cents. Shouldn't I expect to earn double the amount I would normally earn or at least close to it?

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No.  The CPM (value per view) you are paid varies widely as advertisers come and go, as time passes and probably as political fortunes change and the moon waxes and wanes.  CPM has dropped recently, but will rise again in the future and give us all a little more.

1. sleepylog profile image96
        sleepylogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's true, but for me the CPM had actually be rising yet the minute I got more traffic it dropped.

1. LongTimeMother profile image98
          LongTimeMotherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Some hubs will be worth more to you than others. I'm guessing that whichever hubs are getting the increased traffic at the moment are unlikely to be the ones that buy your new car. smile

1. Venkatachari M profile image80
            Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It might be true. Different rates apply for different things. The increased traffic may be for the inferior rated ads

2. sleepylog profile image96
    sleepylogposted 3 years ago

I didn't realise that different ads generate different revenue amounts. It all makes sense now. Thanks to everyone who answered my question, I appreciate it .

working