jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

How to tell where views came from

1. Hawaiian Scribe profile image91
    Hawaiian Scribeposted 3 years ago

Hi Everybody,
      One of my hubs had a sudden increase in traffic (over one day) and I was curious to find out where the views came from. I have a feeling that it came from a retweet on Twitter. Is there a way to see where the views came from on a particular hub?

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Additional to the help offered by mbasa is to signup to Google Analytics. There are many avenues to discover there. The one I use mostly is 'where' my articles are read geographically. From that I can understand time of day read relational to my time of activity too, e.g. when I post a hub or do a social media campaign.

1. Eric Farmer profile image60
        Eric Farmerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice. I was not aware that Hubpages had a mobile application.

Hawaiian Scribeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Neither did I.  I learned a lot just by asking this question.

2. Hawaiian Scribe profile image91

Thank you, tsmog!

2. Vaiebhav profile image79
      Vaiebhavposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1. You can download Hubpages app on your smartphone. Then, open the app, go to Stats. Click on the hub you want to see the traffic for, and it will show you various sources. (Warning: Having Hubpages on your smartphone will tempt you to check your account many times a day.)
      2. Get Google Analytics.

Thank you, vaiebhav!

3. Hawaiian Scribe profile image91

Thanks so much, everyone, for your advice and help.  I also found out that when you open your hub, in the upper left hand corner are three buttons: edit, stats, and delete.  When you press "stats", there are the sources of traffic on that particular hub, and you can choose to view for the past day, week, month, etc.

I appreciate all of you.  Keep hubbing!

Aloha,
      Stephanie

2. mbasa profile image60
    mbasaposted 3 years ago

Hi Stephanie.  go to your "my account" tab on your profile.  Under "my hubs" you'll see "traffic sources".  Click that and then filter down to the actual hub you want to view sources for.  I hope this helps.

Thank you, mbasa!

working