jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Another Plagiarism Site has Popped Up

1. Helena Ricketts profile image96
    Helena Rickettsposted 3 years ago

I received another little red "c" in my account this morning.  A new page that appears to have stolen quite a few gardening articles has popped up.  Granted he at least gave me a link back to my original article (wasn't that nice of him!?!) like that makes it ok to use whatever article you want.  *eyeroll*  I did a Who Is and the site is registered with GoDaddy and is not private registration so I shot off an email telling them they have 48 hours to remove my article AND pictures.

Anyway, if you do hubs on gardening or DIY garden projects, you may want to check and see if your hub is there.  At first glance, I thought it was Pinterest because it looks a lot like it.

The site is happyhouseandgarden dot com

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't see that they are reprinting articles there-- but it does seem to work like Pinterest, giving an actual link back to an article, on hubpages or whatever site it came from.  Perhaps I am looking ay this wrong, but that seems like a good thing-- and I don't see why it would result in a "c". I did a search  of the site using "hubpages dot com" as a search term and found a couple of results for  another hubber that popped me right back to hubpages.

Helena Rickettsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mine was reprinted verbatim except for a slight change in title and an additional paragraph added to the beginning.  You click on the photo and the article pops up.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8949705_f248.jpg

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
          Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad it was taken care of. Maybe you inspired them to change their ways. I didn't see any complete articles currently posted. Probably would be a good idea to check them out  every once in awhile.

2. Barbara Kay profile image88
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you read the terms of service, they say that you are not allowed to:
        Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent

I'm sure if you report the offender, they will remove your content..

Helena Rickettsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I did.  Hopefully it will be taken care of soon.

2. Helena Ricketts profile image96
    Helena Rickettsposted 3 years ago

I went back and did the search for Hubpages like you mentioned and saw what you were talking about with one or two lines then the link.  I would have been OK with that!  smile  For some reason, on mine it's not like that.  sad

3. Barbara Kay profile image88
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

Their summary on Google does say it is a social site for pinning. I wonder why they included your full article.

4. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

I'm taking a break from running down more copied work online.
    I'm wondering if HP can put a large copyright warning across the top of each article in red!!
    I'm not motivated to put anymore articles online at this point.

working