jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What can I do if my hubs have a "C" next to them?

  1. GlendaGoodWitch profile image88
    GlendaGoodWitchposted 4 years ago

    About five of my hubs suddenly have a "C" next to them. It says that my content has been copied. What can I do? I found some sites on Google that say they will take the stolen content off the internet but it will cost me money. How can I file a complaint without having to pay for it?

    1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

      @GlendaGoodWitch If your original copyright content has been copied without your permission, then filing a DMCA claim is usually the best course of action.

      You can find detail about how to file a claim here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

    2. Barbara Kay profile image91
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

      Don't ever pay to have them removed. That is a big scam. You can do it easily yourself.

    3. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

      I have two hubs with that on it and I took care of both of them tonight within a 30 minute time period.  One I was able to contact the site owner, a repeat offender, by the way, via email.  Should he fail to pull the article, then off to Google to file.

      On the second one, there was no way to contact the site owner, so I went straight in with a Google DMCA claim. 

      As mentioned above, it is not too hard to take care of these things.  Once you learn how, then it gets much easier!

    4. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

      Open the Hub that's showing the symbol (NOT in edit mode).   Click on"WARNING - your Hub may have been stolen" warning.  You'll see a link to the site where the copy appears - visit the site.

      If there is a "Contact Us" form or email anywhere on the site, use it.  I usually say something like:

      "You have published a copy of one of my articles on your site, here:
      (URL of the copy)

      My original article is here:
      (URL of my original)

      You may not be aware that my article is copyright and therefore cannot be used without my permission.  I did not give permission, therefore please remove the copy immediately.  If you do not do so, I will have no alternative but to lodge a complaint with your hosting company."

      I then give them a reasonable time to respond (they often do) and if they don't (or if I couldn't find a contact form), then I look up Whois.net and find who their hosting company is, and report them to their hosting company.  Usually you need to use their official form (just Google the name of the host and "abuse" or "DMCA" and you'll usually find it).

  2. Dale Hyde profile image85
    Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago

    As a follow up to my earlier response and one of the DMCA's that I requested, here is a recent response from Google:


    In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have completed processing your infringement notice. We are in the process of disabling access to the content in question at the following URL(s):

    http:// zoomtattoos.blogspot. com/2012/12/3d-tattoo-new-modern-tattoos.html

    The content will be removed shortly.

    The Google Team

    I did break the link so it would not post as a link here.