jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

"Back" button problems?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Hi-
      I wonder if anyone else is having trouble with the "back" arrow button not working, or only working intermittently when using Chrome?

It is fine on other sites.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I use Chrome and mine has been working fine. How long has this been going on?
      I realized that you said it is "fine on other sites". Did you mean Browsers? Or is there only one site that this problem comes up on?

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

About 2 weeks....when I click on the arrow, the page 'jumps' and resets, but does not go back to my previous page (in this case, the HP front page/news feed).

Hmm. I just tried it on front page (several times - forward and back). Have you  tried clearing the Chrome cache (from Chrome tools) or Disk Cleanup (from Start window)? Another good one to have is CCleaner.

1. kenneth avery profile image80
            kenneth averyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Examiner is right. I use CCleaner and it works.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92

Have not heard of CCleaner.  I do run disk cleanup from time to time--(how often should this be done?) -- and I have the cache auto-clear every time the computer is shut off. 
            There is a separate cache affiliated with Chrome?

I recently installed, per recommendations here, Malwarebytes, which I was told was free..but, it ran once or twice, and now, every time I boot up, it says "free trial expired" and wants me to buy a premium version...which I cannot afford to do.
            I also just installed adblockerplus ... so we'll see--that also has an anti-malware function that can be turned on, and it is actually free!

I used to run disk cleaner infrequently when I was getting used to it. Then I installed CCleaner and hardly remember disk cleaner unless I think of a cleaner by the computer. I have CCleaner on my desktop and run it about once/week. It cleans between 450-500 MB unnecessary cookies, etc. I have had - free - for several years. I already had it but I read about it on a Hub by Matthew Meyer. He recommended it.

Here is a link: http://www.soft-now.com/listing/121963/ … Mgod0G4A3g

If you look to the right of your toolbar on Chrome and see three bold horizontal bars, click on these and scan down until you see Tools. Hover over Tools and look for Clear browsing data. Click on this. Some of it may be checked off, if not, decide what you want to clear.

2. kenneth avery profile image80

I am on Windows 7, IE and thank God, it is slow sometimes, but it works. What "is" annoying is that I can be reading, scanning down, and my laptop finger cursor will jump by itself on some bogus site that is trying to get me to "Buy Wholesale Redworns at Cost," or something I do not need.

1. kenneth avery profile image80

Dzy,
        what if you had my problem? My page suddenly and without warning, minimizes into a capsule and moves frantically until I tap the cursor pad once, then I have to expand the page.
        I just bought extra 2 g for the RAM. I guess I need to spend more bucks on a bigger harddrive.

Eeeks, Kenneth--that certainly sounds annoying in the extreme!  It is kind of like when you go to a site, and try to start reading something, but the content keeps jumping up and down the page while it loads 10K ads!

working