jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Question About Incoming Links

1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

I have more than 5 editors choice hubs, 55 featured hubs, 3 hubs of the day, etc. yet I am still only getting about 30 views a day.  I've been trying to figure this out for a while, and I thought of something today.  I was looking at HubMetrics, and I noticed that for all of my more successful hubs, the view duration was 4 or 5, but the incoming links was 1 star.  It was my understanding that links would naturally evolve over time with good hubs, but this doesn't seem to be happening with me.

What steps can I take to improve my situation?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago
    1. profile image0
      Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've read this and done what it's said already (other than the fact that I haven't been around the Hubpages community for a while).

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Unless you are steadily adding content or consistently engaging in promotion, your Hubs will find their level.  This is even moreso for creative writing or opinion pieces. 

For Hubs that are useful to readers, you will see more backlinks built over time.  But that's only going to happen for Hubs that meet a need, and do so better than other web pages on the same topic.

1. profile image0

What do you mean when you say they will find their level.

1. Barbara Kay profile image87
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think she means the traffic won't improve. They'll just stay at the level they are at.

4. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 3 years ago

Use Googles Webmaster Tools and Read up on SEO - There are a lot of good tips in the getting started section  also.

1. profile image0

I have done so.  Perhaps I don't totally understand the material, but I've already applied what I thought would help based on what I've read.

What's funny is that for about two months in the beginning of the year, I was getting around 100 views every day (total of views of all of my hubs, not an individual hub).  Then, for apparently no reason, it stops and went back to what it is now : 5 - 30 a day.

working