jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)

The Universe Doesn't Care... :D

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Made a really bitch'n post today I did. Location to remain nameless. I even included a really bitch'n picture.

I was so proud.

I eagerly told G+. I equally eagerly gazed at my Real-Time. "Right now 0 active users on site."

Facebook was next.  "Right now 0 active users on site."

And then, with trembling fingers, Pinterest.  "Right now 0 active users on site."

Tumbled it? Tweeted it? Linkdn?  "Right now 0 active users on site."

Hired a plane with a banner stringing out behind it.  "Right now 0 active users on site."

Contacted CNN and Foxnews.  "Right now 0 active users on site."

Tattooed it to my forehead.  "Right now 0 active users on site."

The purpose of this OP? None really. Just messing around on a Sunday morning. If my adventure does get any unusual flurries of traffic, I'll post an update. After all, encouraging news is always a good thing. big_smile

1. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget Stumble Upon... That has actually brought readers to my hubs.

paradigmsearchposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are right. I don't know why they dropped off my radar.

2. Nell Rose profile image91
      Nell Roseposted 3 years agoin reply to this

LOL! now that really made me laugh! Thanks I needed that! it was the plane banner that started me off, I could just imagine it! thanks para!

2. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I bet it's because it's Sunday. Hopefully, it will get hits later. It is gorgeous here on the east coast, nobody searching.

I also posted my gem on "B" (and put message at top letting them know it was from my  own website).

Went to read some connections post. I'm reading one and "B" suddenly redirects my browser to a gaming website (as in gambling). I immediately closed the tab. The garbage just never stops over there. No wonder I can only stand them long enough to make only one post per day there.

1. Barbara Kay profile image87
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've quit for awhile at "B." They are out to teach me too much patience. I keep getting 504 messages over there. The site drives me nuts.

lol

Yep, I flunked that course big time, too. And obviously it's really the main reason why I can only stand that site in small doses. I also keep noticing active posters who suddenly cease activity. Not banned accounts, just abandoned accounts.

3. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I've noticed the 11 hour HP stats delay. That's not a complaint. I think in this case, no news is good news. big_smile

4. starme77 profile image88
    starme77posted 3 years ago

oh wow - i hope your messing around brings you some active users haha smile

Nah, I'm unloved. Haven't had my tummy rubbed in ages.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image79
        csmiravite-blogsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Real funny! You're loved in HubPages, buddy! All the brilliant, twisted, and convoluted blabber that you do around here just increases the flock of admirers ---- me included. Heheh!

writer_csm

big_smile

What is PAA's story, btw. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel on that site. I have 7 flash fiction stories there that Google just flat out refuses to index.

5. csmiravite-blogs profile image79
    csmiravite-blogsposted 3 years ago

I had an issue about spam a few days ago, so I got out of the site. Seeing the site bombarded by a spammer continuously for weeks on end made me throw in the towel. (Well, to their credit, it's gone now). PAA posts are being indexed by Google, but not fast enough. It takes a few days, by my reckoning. But if it is a republished post, PAA posts doesn't stand a chance with the bigger portals. It doesn't get indexed highly, if at all.

All 11 were from "B", which Google hates. So, figured nothing to lose and worth a shot. Looks like another failed experiment on my part. Oh, well. Only labor was gambled. And I even had some fun in the process.

The B articles are indexed by Google. I used to repost my B articles in PAA, but the latter is not found anywhere near the G ladder. So I stopped after reposting about 50 posts. Google too, was de-listing duplicate contents a few weeks back. I saw several of mine thrown out of cyberspace.  big_smile

writer_csm

Any idea when and what I'll be paid for my illustrious 170 in-house May views?

Payments have started, as some PAA friends have already gotten theirs. Yours may come in a day or two. The CPM is rather low; well, it was a month ago. I have 6 articles in FOK ( a sister site, part of the Trinity) and got paid around a dollar for three months. The 170 views would not fetch you a big sum....maybe a few pennies.  smile

p.s. views for May will be paid in June. I think, yours will be paid end of June.

writer_csm

big_smile

Whatever it is, I'll duly report it in my hub so people can do the math. big_smile

Oh, yeah! I look forward to that. In it's heyday (last year), before the Google debacle, the CPM was real high. It started to crumble down after that. It is now restructuring itself by coming up with a new mix of advertisers. Meantime, they need writers who would religiously write for them to keep it going.

The site is A-ok with me (until that spam attack),  since I never really expect to get great sums of money from any site, even with Bubblews. To be honest about it, I get more money from iwriter than anywhere else. But if I earn from offline sources, I stop writing altogether and enjoy my non-writing moments. I just read, bum around, and take things easy.

I look forward to your updated hub re PAA. 

writer_csm

working