My traffic is falling!!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. goodnews11 profile image83
    goodnews11posted 9 years ago

Till May 31 I had an average page views of 550 every day. But today I have notice that it has fallen from 550 to just 150. It is too low. My highest performing hub has just 5 page view. Why does this happen? How can I raise my traffic?

1. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Where were your views coming from? Within HP, from facebook, or through google? You can see where the traffic for each hub comes from by clicking the stats button at the top of the hub when you view it. You can also see what searchers were typing into google when they found your page. You can do the same search and see where you rank for that search. Investigate your top performing hubs and try to see what has happened.

Personally I don't see that there would be many searches for your titles, and I think I have mentioned this to you before on a previous thread.

BUT google and the internet is not a secure place, your views will go up and down due to the holidays, weekends, football matches and the whims of the search engines.

2. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine have also dropped from 250-410 views per day to150-250 per day. I wonder why, it is already school opening here in Philippines and and it started to drop, but last summer, it was very high

2. goodnews11 profile image83
    goodnews11posted 9 years ago

I get my traffic from google.

1. radhikasree profile image71
      radhikasreeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In weekends traffic slows down usually. It might have picked up by now.

goodnews11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you face such problems?..

2. goodnews11 profile image83

Why traffic is slowing down during the week ends?

1. radhikasree profile image71
          radhikasreeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

People may go outdoors for picnics or for other sort of recreations.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Traffic way down of course. But I am happy to report that I did not hit a new ytd low this weekend. And I continue to do better than I was doing this time last year.

4. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years ago

My traffic has skyrocketed and I was wondering why.  I haven't written in awhile and just wrote one article, could that be the reason?

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Brie, My traffic has skyrocketed also to about double what it was. I wonder if it is the new Panda changes or what. I wondered if anyone else had experienced this. The traffic seems to have come from Google.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When Google noticed you were from Green Acres, they made a positive manual adjustment.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
        Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha!

5. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

My traffic (which has never been much to shout about) has increased slightly over the past several weeks... I'm not complaining but on the other hand I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop.

6. Better in Violet profile image83
    Better in Violetposted 9 years ago

Lots going on with Google it seems. I've also experienced a gigantic drop in traffic over the past week. The same thing happened to me around February but my numbers recovered nicely and were climbing steadily until this most recent crash. Fingers crossed that my hubs will recover again!

7. Travis Wakeman profile image71
    Travis Wakemanposted 9 years ago

You could write more broadly on topics that people will gravitate towards. Right now you are primarily involved in writing about things that an electrician might find interesting, but even then these are specialty topics and most of your electricians who are already in the field would already be familiar with the content of your articles.

Initially I was writing on few common topics. But I didnot receive much traffic. Thats why I started writing on topics related to electrical engineering.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Electrical engineering is what you know and what you love. Seems to me you are one of the lucky ones who has found their writing niche. I'd keep going with it and let the chips fall where they may. And as a side note, people search for answers to basic and not-so-basic electronics questions all the time; your niche would be a good one.

8. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

It could also be that most of your readers are students - and when school lets out, they don't do that type of research anymore.  In addition to these types of articles - which presumably do well for you - you may consider writing articles for the home handyman DIY type person..

9. TedWritesStuff profile image67
    TedWritesStuffposted 9 years ago

Mine fell from 100 to 10 today.. and one hub that's been on google page 1 for months has fallen to page 4.. not been copied or any of the usual culprits.. anyone had issues today?

I am also facing the same problem. My hubs went to page 2 of google search..

10. amuno profile image90
    amunoposted 9 years ago

Search engine traffic will always fluctuate depending on search demands. Seasonal topics will receive good traffic this month, and low traffic next month, and vice versa. 

You may also want to perfect your good hubs, by adding better images, revising the language there-in, and adding more facts.

Be careful though not to do too much, thereby spamming it. Google may not love too much of your additions and just devalue it.

You should also watch out for spammy links coming your way. Wanting to take advantage of your search favoritism, some spammy links may help send you down the search abyss.

What are these  spammy links?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)