jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Do you find None Profile Photos Un-approachable to You?

1. lyns profile image74
    lynsposted 3 years ago

If there some kind of profile photo flower, glasses, personal photo, I read those but the others I avoid, is this just a personal issue. Like to know????

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What in the blazes are you talking about? I mean I have some understanding, but apparently not.

1. lyns profile image74
        lynsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9078791.jpg

@paradigmsearch, not talking about pictures of animals,  See attached

2. bethperry profile image93
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

lyns, I know some are uncomfortable with such things, but I think the only ones that truly put me off are pictures where the individual's features are utterly obstructed by shadow(s). I wonder: ok so you have a camera; what are you trying to either prove or disguise by showing us a featureless face? It may be the person just doesn't have a clue on how to take a decent selfie, but nevertheless, such photos give me the heebie jeebies.

1. lyns profile image74

@bethperry, lol, it's funny you wrote this comment, I just realized why the gray photos give me the creeps, when I first joined I remembered after looking over my hubs several that had the gray hat and face that was chatting and then, all of sudden they were banned because of misbehavior, so that's where the creeps come from on those, I like to know where a seed come from when it bothers me, lol but you are right obscure pictures that are taken should be a little clearer, or maybe they just don't know how to take the picture. Anyway have a great evening

2. shabbychicmomma profile image78
    shabbychicmommaposted 3 years ago

I too find that I steer away from profiles without pictures of themselves. If I cannot see who it is that I am talking to then makes me feel very reluctant to communicate with a profile that I cannot see their face. What are they hiding, hiding from, or why do they not feel comfortable showing us their picture? That to me in my eyes sets a red flag up to me! Just the way I feel.

1. lyns profile image74

@shabbychicmomma, thanks so much I thought it was just me.

1. shabbychicmomma profile image78
        shabbychicmommaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nope I have never felt comfortable when a profile picture is not there, even if they may be using a picture that is ficticious, I do not know if it is really them but still more comfortable to see a photo.

1. lyns profile image74

Right, that's how I feel, wow thought I was alone but it does give a more sense of touch when you see someone photo, or even a picture, but that gray hat and none photo feel creepy, lol Thanks you so much

1. lyns profile image74

@shabbychicmomma, you wouldn't believe it this gray unidentified, just started following me I have been on hubpages 2 years and never before have I had a none face follow me until now, makes me feel real creepy I asked him why and he hasn't responded as to why he decided a few minutes ago to follow me, he hasn't read any of my hubs just wants to follow me:   says
            HSchneider is now following you

1. shabbychicmomma profile image78
              shabbychicmommaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very creepy!!

1. lyns profile image74

Yes indeed lol

working