jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

A spammer has been posting links to bubblews articles on my hubs...

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Some mystery spammer keeps posting bubblews links on my account. It keeps saying it is a user with a different name, but I cannot even click on the person's name or see their profile. Although it is annoying, this is more of a warnign to others than anything. Watch out for spam comments on your hubs, as whoever this is keeps posting articles in hopes to redirect traffic from my hubs. If you find yourself a victim of this mystery spammer, make your comments only visable after approval.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image77
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Kathleen. I will keep an eye open.

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Turn off pre-approval on your comments AND/OR set the comment capsules to only accept comments from site members.  Sometimes one or the other works best, sometimes you need both.

3. lovebuglena profile image88
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

Check your comment settings to make sure that you have to approve comments before they appear on your hubs.

4. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94

That was the point of my post if you read the whole thing

5. lovebuglena profile image88

Yes, I read the whole thing.... smile

6. lovebuglena profile image88

But do you know if it's a hubber or a non-hp person?

7. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94

Sorry, just realized how rude I came off.... I was just posting this to alert others to check their hubs if they DONT have the pre-approval setting. I do have that setting picked, so I have deleted the comments, but since they are spam links, they can be problematic to others who are unaware. It is definitely NOT a HP person, at least from what I can tell.

8. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 3 years ago

That's why I mentioned the option for setting a comment capsule to members only.

I don't have that setting active on all my Hubs, but for a few that seem to just draw more spammers, it is a nice extra option to reduce what I have to deal with.

9. lovebuglena profile image88

Changing the comment setting to members only can be a good idea but then you may miss out on potentially great comments because the people who may want to leave these comments may not want to sign up to HP.

working