Anyone having problems posting comments?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Angela Harris profile image68
    Angela Harrisposted 15 years ago

I can't seem to be able to post comments. This has happened before, but always cleared up in a couple of hours. Does anyone else have this problem at times?

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

I've been trying to answer a question posted to one of my Hubs, but the Hub won't ever finish loading... or at least that's what my browser is indicating.  It's hanging up on something coming from google or quantserve.

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I just posted 2 comments to my own hubs without problems.

4. Angela Harris profile image68

Thanks for the input, Relache and Whitney. I can post comments on my own Hubs and forums(obviously), just not on other Hubs. Oh well.. I will try to figure it out later.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Angela, I think you should email hubpages about this.

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I go through phases from time to time where I can't post comments.  I always know when it's going to happen - the comments box appears half-size.  It's annoying, because by the next time I log on, I've usually forgotten what I wanted to comment on....

6. William F. Torpey profile image73
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

I get that small box every once in a while. Once or twice I put my comment in that box, but it failed to register. The other day the small box came up, so I left it alone. After a long wait, the full box came up and everything was working normally. But my computer has gotten very slow in the last couple of days when I try to bring up a site, like Yahoo. I guess that's just my laptop. It's an old one.

7. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image79
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 15 years ago

I too have had some similar problems.  On my Hubs which tend to get a lot of traffic - I have a very difficult time, depending on the time of day - getting the page to load completely.

My browser ends up freezing and I am forced to close that window and re-open - only to try and try again until I get a complete load of the Hub.

Also, on some of my Hubs with a lot of comments... the comment text is all messed up and unreadable on some of the comments... very frustrating.  And yet... the page seems to have loaded completely?  This happens only some of the time...

Just thought I would throw my issues into the ring:-)

tDMg
    Kathryn

8. Angela Harris profile image68

Stacie, I had planned to contact Hubpages. I just was wondering if I was the only one with the problem. My computer is screwy at times.

Marisa, me and you both. It's so annoying when I can' t remember a really cool hub that I wanted to comment on.

Thanks, William and Kathryn for the input. I'm glad, (I think?) that I'm not the only one.

The good news is that now I can once again comment on all of the interesting Hubs that I find.

9. gamergirl profile image87
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I can't leave comments on my own hubs, and the hubtivity is being really wonky - not updating now.

I also had to press approve three times on one of my latest comments.

ARgh!!

10. Angela Harris profile image68

Welcome to my world, Charlotte. smile  But for me, things are going fine now. Weird, huh?

11. gamergirl profile image87

Give me back my comment power!!  *chases you down with a rolling pin*

Angela Harrisposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You actually own a rolling pin? I thought I was the only one that still used them. But if I wanted to choose a suitable kitchen tool as a weapon, it would have to be my trusty cast iron skillet. The kitchen melee is on!  LOL

12. gamergirl profile image87

I'll raise your cast iron skillet with one porcelain spoon rest and one of those onion chopper doohickeys with the plastic guard (the kind you pushed down over and over to chop onions and other veggies up with that had a squiggly blade inside!)

13. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Oh, are we doing kitchen upsmanship?

We have a gen-u-wine mortar and pestle ...

Jenny

14. gamergirl profile image87

Mine's hand made, Jenny!  *mortar and pestle, that is*

Angela Harrisposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Onion chopper doohickey? I am old school- wooden cutting board and nice, sharp knife.

Mortar and pestle- man, you guys got me there. You won't find any in my kitchen, although I don't know why. I have wanted one for a long time.

I thought of more kitchen weapons, but decided not to get TOO weird. wink

15. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

I can't leave comment replies on my own hub for the first time this morning.  I've tried several times and have given up.

Also, two of my videos are gone - the links have disappeared from the capsules - how bizarre.

I don't cook, but I do have a corkscrew.

16. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Okay, my videos have mysteriously reappeared.

I also have a frypan handle cozy.

17. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

I have also had times where I couldn't post comments and/or hubpages seemed to get hung up on different things (leaving fan mail, approving fan mail, posting hubs, etc).

And I feel the need to state that I, too, have a rolling pin as that seems to be a prerequisite to posting in this thread!

18. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Everything seems to be working properly again - just a hiccup, I guess.

If it's rolling pins you want to talk about, I have 2 - one marble, one hand-made wood that my grandpa made.  Think I used them once about 20 years ago.

19. Angela Harris profile image68

Shirley, I had a slight problem this morning trying to post a comment on someone else's hub. But after I refreshed the page, it was fine.

And rolling pins, who knew?

20. Kat07 profile image61
    Kat07posted 15 years ago

My comments boxes have been acting funky lately, too - sometimes I can't use the delete button to correct a typo, things like that.

21. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I have had that - I type a couple of lines, then I want to go back and correct something, and the box acts as though it's empty, and everything I type appears at the top of the box. It's like there isn't a movable cursor any more.

Then when you publish your comment, all the carriage returns are stripped out.

My workaround when this happens is to submit the comment and then edit it - that seems to work just fine.

Jenny

1. Kat07 profile image61
      Kat07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what happens to me!!!  And that's been my fix, as well.  It is new problem, maybe a week or so . . .

1. Inspirepub profile image72
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maybe two, it takes me a while to decide it's the system causing a problem and not User Error ... wink

Jenny

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)