jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Well I just graduated from boot camp!

1. Pico Triano profile image87
    Pico Trianoposted 3 years ago

Baby steps I know. I wish I had time to do the 30 in 30 club but I just don't have that much writing time available. I've been keeping my hub a week commitment and have to be satisfied with that. My July bank is more than double my June bank. That's progress but the numbers are so low I'd rather keep them to myself. I knew this would be a long term project so the fact that I'm progressing is good enough for me.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Pico Trianoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

2. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Congrats and keep at it! It's a long journey here at times, but in time you'll see it's worth it.  You can grow your writing skills here, gain a lot of support and really branch out.  It can take several months to really see an increase in earnings.  It took me about 8 or 9 months I think it was to make payout consistently and it's grown steadily since, so just be patient and persistent.  Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

I wrote and published one Hub per week for two years when I built up my Hub base, and to this day have better traffic and earnings than a lot of people who did those challenges who cranked them out.

When you build at an even and slow pace, you really get to watch and learn from your own traffic and experience.  Your top performers become your own examples and guides.  People who crank them out ASAP have the liability of building tons of Hubs all with the same limitations or weaknesses.

Even with my limited experience, I'll have to agree with that. I've learned quite a bit in a little over a month. Hopefully I will continue to learn at a pace I can handle.

2. fpherj48 profile image79
      fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I would not even entertain the idea of 30 in 30 (or similar programs)  I never joined here with the intention to RACE or compete or test my speed and endurance.  If I wanted "competitions," I'd enter a Triathelon.
      You are smart to proceed at your own pace, in your own style.  Publicizing "numbers"...any numbers, but especially pay out is something else I will not do.  To each his own.  Sounds like you're doing well and as long as you're satisfied, that should be your main concern.
      Trying to break records (including your OWN) is utter nonsense.  Don't know about anyone else, I'm here to indulge in my passion for writing...reading....and I've seriously enjoyed interacting with the great people here.  The incredible talent here, astounds me.  I'm happy to just be a part of the Community, publish a Hub when I feel the urge and I appreciate all the interesting information available here.
      Many hubbers are here to WORK and treat this as their JOB.  That's great.  I cheer them on and celebrate their achievements.  We should all get out of this what we set out to accomplish.
      I had a successful 40-year career.....am retired now and take full advantage of directing my own life, how, when and why I want.  I have earned it...that's for sure.
      I wish you much success.  Being happy and satisfied with what you do is what really matters....

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I encourage people to keep their own stats and only try and break their own records.  That's how I motivated myself over the last almost-eight years.

My own goals right now are to get my earnings back up to a certain level and consistency, and to hit the 12 million pageview mark.  (That's why you should break your own records and not others.)

2. Pico Triano profile image87

I've always found my own personal scoreboard a useful motivator. I'm not too worried about "records" but I do want to be steadily moving forward. I gave up trying to be like other people a long time ago. I do eventually want to see a return on my writing "investments" not because that is my main motivator but the family has to eat.

4. fpherj48 profile image79
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Rae...Makes a whole lot of sense.  But then, your Hubpages Career, stats, etc....speak for themselves.  "Experience,"  the very BEST teacher of all.

working