An Interesting Thing Happened

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Fred Arnold profile image62
    Fred Arnoldposted 10 years ago

So I had a couple links on all of my hubpages that could potentially be considered overly promotional. Yesterday, I decided to clean each hub up, add some more in depth details, and take those specific links out. Well I know article/hubscore does not matter much, however I found it interesting that after taking out those links and adding more detail that my hub avg score went from 81 to 77! Since I've been here it has been relatively the same.

No skin off my back! It was just interesting since I thought I was improving the Hubs! Haha. Has anything interesting happened to you lately? (This can and cannot pertain to hubpages smile )

1. Sed-me profile image78
      Sed-meposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I dissed the hubber score on the forum and mine went down 4 points.
      I am starting a grassroots effort to eliminate the hubber score. I realize speaking out could knock my number down an additional 10 points, but someone must speak out on behalf of all hubbers who have fallen victim to icy hand of The Slasher!

Fred Arnoldposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Haha, Hubpages is watching you! I don't mind the score, however. If anything could be posted and featured it would turn into Bubblews... And no one wants that!

Senor... you are under the impression your score has to do with your content. I was once under that impression too. Once you learn the hidden and covert plan of The Slasher, you will join me in my revolt. Mark my words. Mark them now!

And who is this Slasher you are referring to? And I am under the impression that you need a certain score to get featured, therefore, hubs that don't make the criteria, simply, don't get featured.

The Slasher is the unidentified hand of the person(s) who cut our score down when we get "out of line." And that whole impression thing was a pretty elaborate/detailed impression.

Hmmm that's interesting lol.

2. relache profile image66
              relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Fred, be sure to ask her about the bridge she wants to sell you too.

I bedazzled it.

2. Fred Arnold profile image62

She's selling a bridge too?! I'm sold!

2. moonlake profile image85
      moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That has happened to me. Every time I hub hop my hubber score goes down it's annoying.

Really? I do a lot of hub hopping too. Maybe there's a coincidence here!

2. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 10 years ago

Hi Fred Arnold, from experience I've noticed that sometimes it takes time for the corrected article to stabilize. I've noticed that when I correct an article sometimes it goes up instantly and sometimes it goes down, but I will say that eventually the score evens out, it just takes time. I will say that it is great that you take the time to improve your articles, it shows that you want to present your very best work, and this aspect is what truly counts!

Good point! Thanks for the insight! And I find it fun thinking about new stuff to add to my hubs. It's funny because I spend a lot of time on here so when it comes to my girlfriend asking me what I'm doing on the computer, it is always this. She finds it funny that most guys play games on the computer and I sit there for hours and scour hubpages lol.

1. janshares profile image90
        jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are not alone, my friend. We all become addicted at some point, lol. And then it will level off. smile

Haha. Hopefully she doesn't leave me till then!

3. profile image0

Your girlfriend is blessed to have a talented writer by her side! Keep doing your best, it will pay off! I like your profile pic, very cool. Oh, to add one thing,  The originality of your content is a factor to prevent repeat articles, Google is seeking original content. Which will also attract traffic to those who are looking for unique information. A lot of factors come into play regarding your Hubscore. Also providing correct information and being supportive in the community is a factor.
    I find the Google  Analytics Course to be very helpful.

Thank you! And yes. That was a good day. My mom came to visit me on the Submarine base in CT.

4. Fred Arnold profile image62
    Fred Arnoldposted 10 years ago

Oh, everyone, in other interesting news: Dogs Can Drive Cars,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAK0J8Uhzk

That's not a real dog. It's computer generated.

5. profile image0

Cool! Can you find one about cats? If you can I'm all set to go. Great article! Lol! some dogs are so smart!

No luck in finding an actual cat driving a car lol.

1. profile image0
        swilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for serving our country!

That's one of the hardest things to make a response to lol. Your welcome! xD

6. lyns profile image71
    lynsposted 10 years ago

@ Fred Arnold, Why did it drop if you were improving your article it should have went up, mines drop from 86 to 81 in a day, maybe they are doing an adjustment on Hubpages?  Not sure what's going on??? Anyone know???

I've read stuff where it says that they do it to get people to start tweaking their hubpages. It also depends on traffic, etc. So who knows!

7. lyns profile image71
    lynsposted 10 years ago

I found this article interesting concerning hubpages why they could fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeDrQmXxGI

8. S T Alvyn profile image68
    S T Alvynposted 10 years ago

I am confused.com, so have decided not to think about it too much. It is all so random and my things fluctuate for no reason that I can ascertain...

Always a good route to take!

9. Treasuresofheaven profile image80
    Treasuresofheavenposted 10 years ago

I cleaned up some of my hubs by putting full pictures as the first thing in the hub.  After doing that, some of my hubscores went up, but my pageviews went down.  Strange!

1. lyns profile image71
      lynsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@Treasuresoheaven, that is very interesting the hub score up but views down.  Very interesting wish someone knew what was going on and how all this works, thanks for sharing.  lyns 7192149p

10. taiwokareem profile image59
    taiwokareemposted 10 years ago

i think if you have more words and information in your hub, there would be no info saying overly promotional, also try to add pictures and video if possible

1. lyns profile image71

Thank you taiwokareem, I will consider this, I have been up all night one of those
      asombia nights, I getting a little sleepy now.  Talk to you in a bit. Take care and check your facebook page I left you a message, when you can get back to me.  Thanks Lyns
      To sleepy to spell right now can't remember the word Asombia lol

1. taiwokareem profile image59
        taiwokareemposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol. maybe you mean insomnia

1. lyns profile image71

Yes, I couldn't think how to spell it lol, that's what a good night of rest does to the brain and lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)