Share windows open with an outline of window and quickly close.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 9 years ago

This began Saturday and happened on several hubs, so I know I have a problem. I have latest version Chrome and Windows 7 home premium. In addition, I cannot search from a web page. I click and nothing happens. I have scanned with Avast and found nothing. I can go to specific pages very quickly like HubPages as long as I know the page URL. The problem is probably my computer. Any other ideas? I have been to the browser info on the site. Thanks.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

When did you update to Window 7 Premium? Do you have black or red history stripes in Chrome (on upper right)?

brakel2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Neither. My computer got hacked and was Windows Home Premium 7. I had it restored in April and started using Chrome about one month ago with no problems.I had trouble with Internet Explorer 11 and turned it off. Chrome has worked well for me. Just now, I did a browser refresh with control F5, and it seems to be working better, but not perfect. I thought I might download Malwarebytes and see if they find anything. I still am learning about Chrome. I deleted all my history and images yesterday to see if that would help.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
        The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hmm. I have Windows Home 7 Ultimate and Chrome and they have always worked fine for me. I do not like IE either, I have had problems with that and stopped using it also. I have Avast! and also keep my firewall on. I do Quick Checks all of the time with both Avast!, and the Firewall in the start box.
        Who is your server?

Cox Internet Service. I wonder if I messed up by deleting the cached files and images for all time. I put safe search back on, and it seems to be better. When I first restored my computer, I had a 90 day free trial of Norton, and everything was fine. Let me know if you think of anything. Maybe by deleting cached images, the window for sharing is corrupt. Thanks for your help. Blessings, Audrey

You should watch what you delete. Have you heard of CCleaner? I have that and it allows you to check off what you desire to delete.
            If you say that it was then I cannot argue, but I do not see how everything was fine having Norton and Avast! at the same time. They always tell you not to have more than one antivirus running at a time.
            By the way, I am not Audrey, I am Kevin.

3. brakel2 profile image73

I did not have the two at same tim. First I had. Norton. When Norton expired, I used Avast. I am Audrey lol. Thanks Kevin for help

Sorry Audrey, I did not pay attention to that when I read it. lol I was think about your problem(s).

4. brakel2 profile image73

My husband has CC cleaner. Since you also recommend it, I just might try it. I hope to visit your hubs.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
      Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Audrey,
      Sorry you are having computer issues. When HP began making so many changes way back when, I had to switch to Google Chrome in order to post, when I was used to Internet Explorer. Since I don't post here a lot, I still have trouble using it.

Norton is awful. Around here we say, "Friends don't let friends use Norton to protect their computers." I don't even know what we have now, my son handles that sort of thing. It does get exasperating though. I hope it works out.

Thank you Jean. Things get so exasperating when you use a new browser. I thought I was doing fine. You are lucky to have someone who takes care of some of your computer business. Thanks for the tip on Norton. I will not use that program again. Thanks for being supportive.

5. brakel2 profile image73

It was funny. I know the feeling when we are in our own thoughts. I get brain overload sometimes.

Somehow after much time, I have fixed everything except the share buttons. They still open quickly and close with no time to enter the share information.

If you become aware of where the 'Share' keys/buttons are, you can have your mouse ready for when they open and click on it as soon as it opens for that second.

Or - you can stay on the black Share button and every time it opens/closes click on it again and again, see if it eventually stays open longer.

Thanks for the information. I will surely try that suggestion. Maybe I will get lucky.

Google has a different address now, at least on Chrome, and is supposed to redirect you correctly. This is not always happening, and if the address goes away for some reason, your web pages will not open. Someone from Google said many problems are occurring like this and for users to check for spyware. Anyway, I believe I found the answer. I finally got a share window to open, and I must use that address and put it in my settings if it disappears. Thanks everyone for helping me.

Congratulations! Keep working on it. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)