jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Analytics Universal

1. elayne001 profile image54
    elayne001posted 3 years ago

Can you please tell me if I pushed the right buttons to get connected right?

I received an email that said:

You have been granted access to a Google Analytics account

I am still unsure and appreciate your help to make sure I am set up properly by August 20th.

1. kenneth avery profile image82
      kenneth averyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I worried with this one thing, Google Analytics until I got a headache. I just emailed: team@hubpages.com and the reply was: I was already upgraded. Whatever upgrading to this system does. I have stopped trying to understand such things. From what I did understand, we hubbers are all to have our systems upgraded to Google Analytics by August 14.
      So I guess I am. I hope you get more on this and if you do, would you email me to what it means?
      Thanks.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We recently posted an update regarding Google Analytics conversion to the new program.
      You can find that thread here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123599

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your reply Matthew. I can't handle it, I'll just hope for the best and that HP did something. It's too involved for me.

Jean, I join you in your comment to Matthew. I am a simple man with a simple mind, so things such as Google Analytics is like E=MC2 to me.

Kenneth, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I like to write, but I'm no computer genius. I guess if you grew up with this stuff, you can figure it out. I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, but reading through all those instructions was so complicated I couldn't even follow it when I printed it all out.

Jean, may I be so bold as to say that you are one sweet girl. And my dear friend. I mean it. Did you know that even after my soon-to-be four years on HP, I am still getting flagged for things that I did not do?
              I cannot talk of it here. I have just had a rough stretch of time since Sunday. Nothing about My Followers and Friends, which you rank very high on the list. I do not hate what people do to me, but I hate how they do it.
              Does that make sense?
              Thanks for letting me vent.

2. swilliams profile image84
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

When I switched over I got the same message. Everything is going well  I am now able to view  more detailed statistics.

Taking the Google Analytics Course made the transition easier to understand. This upgrade generates detailed statistics  Use simplified and more accessible configuration options.

Universal Analytics gives you more configuration options that you can control from your account Admin page:
    Organic search sources
    Session and campaign timeout handling
    Referral exclusions
    Search term exclusions
    https://support.google.com/analytics/an … 0010?hl=en
    There are also Google Analytics Tutorials on Youtube.
    It's really not as frighting as it sounds. :-)

3. abidareacode profile image50
    abidareacodeposted 3 years ago

I created the analytics account recently and am also warned with a last date.I am also worried because recently one such warning from gmail.com was ignored by me which lead me to delete a lot of mails without further checking. So can any one really explain the need of this and who to perform this updations?

I tried to do it and it was beyond my scope of computer comprehension, so I hope it gets done automatically. If I do get traffic, I don't care where it comes from, I'm just happy to have it. So I never studied the Analytics pages anyway.

working