jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

New/Next articles.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Ok, here's an interesting puzzle:

Today, I was replying to a comment on one of my hubs.  On the way to the bottom of the screen to do so, I noticed in the "next" section one of my other hubs (unrelated topic) that is not yet even published.  It's still waiting in the wings!

Is this something visible to everyone?  They may click on that and get a "not published" advisory, or are such hubs shown only to the hub author?  I'm confused.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I got snuckered on this myself awhile back. You are right, only the author sees it.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image90
      CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's all so confusing, isn't it.  My first few hubs were started and left unpublished until I had time to complete them.. I just liked seeing them in the list.  Sometimes they had 15 views before I even published. ( I don't know  what "views" means when the hub is unpublished.) Now I do the hub offline in Word, and when it's done, I cut and paste into the template, and don't stop until I am finished and published.

1. MizBejabbers profile image89
        MizBejabbersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that I had "views" on my unpublished hubs, but I assumed that it was when I pulled it up to work on it. Maybe I'd better reconsider.

1. Writer Fox profile image78
          Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Every time you visit an unpublished Hub to work on it, it is counted as a view.  It's no big deal and certainly nothing to worry about.  (You don't get paid anything for the view!) And, no one else is viewing your Hub yet.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

This might happen when you have published and unpublished hubs that are orphans.  I try to make sure that I put each of my published hubs into a group so this doesn't happen.

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but this particular hub has never been published--it's waiting for me to figure out how to best to a video for it...  wink

3. OldRoses profile image89
    OldRosesposted 3 years ago

Every time you clicked on a hub to work on it, that click was counted as a "view".

4. OldRoses profile image89

When a hub has been published, "views" you  and visitors to the hub.  Before a hub has been published, only your views are counted.  Every time you click on a hub to work on it, that counts as a "view".

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
      CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Oldroses. so I guess no harm done if I start a hub and leave off for a few days. as I said, so confusing.

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No harm at all. I've got a few that have been sitting around waiting for a year.  One of these days, I'll get around to finishing them and publishing.  wink

5. OldRoses profile image89

Sorry, that should be "views" include you and visitors to the hub.

working