Squidoo Transplant Can Not Get Amazon Module To Work...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. TNTbefree profile image82
    TNTbefreeposted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9642646.jpg
    Not sure if anyone can help with this, or is having this problem, but I can not get any of my Amazon modules to work on the pages brought over from Squidoo.  I add the link, or the code, and no product will come up.  Is there a trick to this??

2. TNTbefree profile image82

I posted this question over 6 hrs ago and so far I have not received any help or advice...
    Maybe I am the only one with this issue or I did not explain the issue properly. 
    When I try to use the Amazon module, I enter the link or the item code, but no product will come up.  If I hit "preview items" nothing happens.  I would love to add Amazon products to my pages, but as far as I can tell, the Amazon module doesn't work.  Is it me, or is the Amazon module not working?  I hope that someone can help me here.  This issue is driving me nuts.
    Thanks...

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In the place where it says to add the product, try just posting the product code instead of a link.  The product code should just be something which looks like this: B003NGTNFG

To test it, just use the product code I gave as an example above and see if it imports the product into the capsule.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Make sure that you disable or uninstall any add blocking software or plugins and try a different browser.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Simple fix, open up Amazon.com page.  Put your ASIN number in it or name of product and pull it up.  Copy ASIN from there and put ASIN in your Amazon Capsule and hit preview.  Using the Keyword tab in capsules is a waste of time.. You may have products that no longer exist, or the ASIN has been changed.

4. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

I have a good tip: make sure any ad blocking plugins you have attached to your browser are off when you're trying to add a product.

I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't get products to come up before I realized I was blocking them. Learn from my fail...

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I don't think you can use the HTML for products images, etc in HP like we did on Squidoo in text boxes, and certainly not the Amazon capsules.

6. DreamsBloom profile image74
    DreamsBloomposted 9 years ago

I haven't had any problems adding products to the Amazon capsules. Perhaps there is a problem with the browser you are using? Maybe try clearing your cache and cookies, or try another browser. The suggestion lisavollrath about removing any ad blockers is a good thing to try too if you have any of those.

7. TNTbefree profile image82

Ya, I think you are right, but I am trying to use the Amazon module as intended, but it will not bring up any products at all.  I put the code or product link it the box and nothing happens even when I hit "preview products'.  Nothing.  Is this happening to just me or am I missing something?

Make sure you are doing everything mentioned here:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/usin … d_22478701

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Have you checked your ad blocker?

That was mentioned twice above and I'm sure he has checked it by now.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Do not put product link in capsule, it does not work that way.  Use the ASIN or ISBN that is for books.  Okay I tried an ASIN that gave me no products found:  Here is one example:   B004SCEXX6  which is correctly used, and it works.  But this is what happened, when it did not work: B004SCEXX6/    My finger must have hit my slash key when I entered the ASIN.  So double check and make sure nothing is there by ASIN.

Another mistake I have made is to put the Item Model Number In which looks like this: 300260q    These do not work either in the capsule.

9. TNTbefree profile image82

Thank you all for the tips...  I did have an ad blocker on, but I turned it off.  Unfortunately, this did not help.  Also,I have used a ASIN # such as B003NGTNFG to no avail.  I'll keep trying and see if that learning center page will help.  Thanks again.

10. TNTbefree profile image82

Eureka!  It was the ad blocker.  I turned it off and tried to implant a product but it didn't work.  I then restarted my computer with the ad blocker off and then tried to list a product again and it showed up.
    Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!

This has driven me nuts for the last couple of days.  I am so glad it is over.  Thank you for all your help.

1. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So, when you're in the editing screen, and you realize that your ad blocker is thwarting you, all you have to do is save your edits, then turn off your ad blocker, and then click back into the edit screen. Problem solved.

I know this because I've done it 37,000 times this week. You would think I'd remember to shut the ad blocker off when I'm working on hubs. But noooooo...

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And I thought I was the only one...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)