Stolen Squidoo Content

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Elle-Dee-Esse profile image71
    Elle-Dee-Esseposted 9 years ago

It has come to my attention through the Hubpages duplicate content filter that one of my lenses was stolen and appears complete with photos of my daughters, on the following website. I discovered while I was there that other pages on that site are also former Squidoo lenses. If one of them is yours you may not find out until you actually go to edit your hub. The bizarre hit and miss way to navigate this site is via the tags at the bottom of each page. If you are affected I have the Whois info and am happy to pass it on. Start with my page then go to the tags and 'hop'. I have posted the url with xxx's in place of www's so as not to give the thief the benefit of a backlink:

http://xxx.asthmaandallergytreatment.co … hy/page/2/

1. Pat Goltz profile image78
      Pat Goltzposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for letting me know about the stolen content from one of my lenses/hubs. I have ordered him to take it down. His host is notorious for theft, so don't expect any help there. They will credit payments late and then take down entire web sites permanently.

What is Copyscape? No time now to investigate anything, but I certainly will do so when I next return to my computer.

Be careful about going to his house! Some of these unscrupulous people can be really nasty.

1. Paula Atwell profile image69
        Paula Atwellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Copyscape is a service that checks the web for duplicate copies http://copyscape.com

2. Elle-Dee-Esse profile image71

Did you think including a Copyscape declaration in your content would stop thieves? Check this one out (replace those xxx's with www's): http://xxx.asthmaandallergytreatment.co … otography/

3. Paul Ward profile image69
    Paul Wardposted 9 years ago

Him again - that domain registrant appears on so many sites like this.

1. Elle-Dee-Esse profile image71
      Elle-Dee-Esseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Paul the address is only about an hour from here. I am so tempted to go there and put a sign on his door along the lines of "the person who lives here is a thief!"

2. Pat Goltz profile image78

That domain registrant has serious problems. It steals domains and web sites, and does illegal stuff I won't detail here.

4. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

One of the things I've been doing as I edit my transferred lenses is running them through Copyscape, to head off any duplicate content issues. I sent out a DMCA notice yesterday, to a site that had copied one of my articles, and posted it as a .pdf file.

Honestly, why don't these people just come to my house and steal my truck while they're at it?

5. Elle-Dee-Esse profile image71

Well the good news is that my posts have been removed. The bad news is that the site is still there so if anyone has content on this site I strongly recommend that you take action. I emailed him directly with a cease and desist and a threat to submit a dmca. I wasn't confident of getting a result with a dmca as my content wasn't actually live on the web anywhere right now.

1. Pat Goltz profile image78

Congratulations! I will check mine.

Having checked...my content is still there. Will have to take sterner measures, which I will do.

6. Elle-Dee-Esse profile image71

UPDATE: the site has been taken down

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)