jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Question about Amazon ads

1. lbrummer profile image92
    lbrummerposted 2 years ago

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I don’t quite understand the earnings program.  My Ad Program, eBay Program and Amazon Program are all active. My question is about the Amazon Program.  Do I earn on this program by the Amazon ads that I’ve added to my hubs?  I thought I read somewhere that there should be few, or even no, Amazon ads on a hub.  I know that the ads would have to be relevant to the subject. Could someone help me understand this?

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The ad program simply puts ads on your hubs, usually one across the top, one on the right hand side, one square one surrouded by text near the top and two at the bottom.  You earn money from views, usually around $5 per 1000 views and if someone clicks on one you earn anywhere between $0.01 and $100.

The eBay and Amazon programs are affiliate programs, you earn only if someone actually buys an item after clicking on one of your links.

Ads are placed on your Hubs automatically.  You must add eBay and Amazon capsules and then add a product.  ie if you write a Hub about a movie you can put an Amazon capsule on your Hub with a link to the DVD of that movie on Amazon.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago
  3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

You need Adsense for HP Programs including Ebay and the Hub Pages Amazon program.

You can have your own Amazon Associate Account if you don't want to participate in the HP Amazon Program where you will earn a higher percentage in commissions.  The link above explains the earnings programs.

2 text links to same domain    Exception is linking to other related hubs whether it is your hubs or those of another hubber

50 words per Amazon Capsule.

4. lbrummer profile image92
    lbrummerposted 2 years ago

Thank you, Linda. I did re-read the page you recommended. 

Thanks Space Shanty, for the clarification, you pretty much answered my question.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I also wrote a hub about this subject.

working