jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Help - Hub unpublished for Adult Amazon Ad that I did not Select

1. janderson99 profile image83
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

I recently had a hub unpublished because when I edited the text on the page the Amazon Ad changed to an adult one without me selecting it. I made no change to the Amazon Link. I usually use the 'keyword' option to choose an appropriate Amazon product. Does the product displayed using the keyword option change even when I do not edit the page?. Should I use a specific product to avoid this happening in the future? Is there a way of stopping 'adult' options being displayed? Help Please!

1. PegCole17 profile image91
      PegCole17posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I would send an email to the HubPages team and ask that they review their decision to unpublish your hub. I know you can block certain adult ads from Google AdSense but I'm not sure how to do this for Amazon other than being extremely selective in your keyword choices.
      Sorry this happened to you and best of luck in getting it resolved.
      Peg

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The safest thing to do, as you mentioned, is to select a specific product yourself. But unless you use suggestive keywords it should not happen often because Amazon blocks adult material feeding to ads, some just manage to slip through.

3. Shades-of-truth profile image87
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

That is the reason I always select a specific product. I simply do not trust Amazon to put links up that are relevant, appropriate, and wholesome. I prefer to do the selecting.

1. janderson99 profile image83
      janderson99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

But, What if these specific products become unavailable?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You replace them with a new one.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
          Shades-of-truthposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are correct, psycheskinner. I have had to do that, on rare occasion, but it suits my conscience better than letting Amazon decide what is appropriate.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Sorry this happened to you, and thank you for telling us.  Before now, I thought the risk was getting an unrelated or not quite right product, not something that was completely inappropriate.

I prefer specific products, because I think they have a higher conversion rate, especially when you tell people exactly why you are recommending that particular product.

5. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

I used to be like you, Janderson, and used keywords because I worried about the specific product becoming unavailable.

Nowadays I do use specific products because I like to use the new "description" feature - I think the capsules convert better with some text between the heading and "buy now".   But I do worry about what would happen if the product became unavailable.  I try to pick larger merchants and products that have plenty of stock.

6. janderson99 profile image83
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

Thanks - very helpful!

working