jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Spelling

1. DaveOnline profile image87
    DaveOnlineposted 2 years ago

Can I use British UK Spelling in my hubs as it was the spelling I grew up with?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

yes

2. peachpurple profile image76
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i use british spellings too. No problem so far

DaveOnlineposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting me know peachpurple. Interesting user name!

3. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can do, certainly, but you might find you don't get much traffic (or not as much as you could get if you used US spellings).

2. blessedp profile image67
    blessedpposted 2 years ago

I don't see why not it is the same i was taught.

3. DaveOnline profile image87
    DaveOnlineposted 2 years ago

Thanks for your responses calculus-geometry and blessedp, I use the UK spelling format in my hubs but wanted to to get clarity on whether it can be used or not. It's difficult to change one's spelling especially as I still use it for emails and any kind of correspondence and writing.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very often, the automated spell checker in the text capsules tells me a word is incorrect - so I simply right click on it, and add it to the dictionary.

A few of my hubs have words that are not commonly found in the English language; botanical names, recipe titles, etc. Once I "add them to the dictionary", the red underlining doesn't show up when I use that word again.

You probably already know that, but someone else might not, so I thought I would mention it.

DaveOnlineposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your input Shades-of-truth but wouldn't this only apply to the American Spelling format?

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
          Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

DaveOnline, I would imagine it applies to any language's format. Quite a few words that I use have foreign origins, and as long as I right-click on the word that shows up as being incorrect - select "Add to Dictionary", and save the capsule, it works.

working