jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

HUB REQUEST

1. jimmythejock profile image88
    jimmythejockposted 10 years ago

I published a hub today before i realised that it was asked in the hub request section of this site is there a way to incorporate the hub with the question.....jimmy

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

.. which leads me to ask, would there be any real benefit in doing that, if you could?

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

There is not a way to do that right now, but it is something we'd like to offer.

One worry if we did offer that, is that nefarious users would associate a lot of existing hubs that aren't really related to the request.  It would be one more thing that would have to be policed.

4. jimmythejock profile image88
    jimmythejockposted 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply Paul, I understand about the policing part perhaps the person who made the request could approve or disaprove of the answers to their own requests, that would solve 2 problems in 1, if you are not happy with the answer, and if the answer was nothing to do with your request.....have fun.....jimmy

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was going to suggest that any nominated hubs that don't answer the question also gets a good kick in the hubscore.

5. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

I think it would be great if the requester could express an opinion about the answer.

Any chance of an answer to my question - what is the benefit of answering a request, other than the fact that it gives you an idea?   Do "answer" Hubs do better than regular Hubs?

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

Some of the request pages get a little bit of search traffic, which presumably trickles down to the hubs that answer those requests.   Other than that, the only upside is the satisfaction you might have from answering someone's question.

working