jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)

RESOLVED: Sorry, you cannot make changes to this hub while an editor

1. notnym profile image87
    notnymposted 2 years ago

I am receiving the message "Sorry, you cannot make changes to this hub while an editor is working on it" whilst trying to make some changes to a hub that is about 2 years old.

It is a featured hub with 11,000 visits. I want to make sure that all the links are still relevant. I've been trying to edit it for days and get the same message.

None of my other hubs are affected.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are one of the lucky ones who has a personal editor who will look at some of your hubs and recommend changes.  Look for an email with the introductory email.  Simply wait for them to finish the edits.  If they started on Friday, it may take them until Tuesday to finish, since Monday is a holiday.  You can discuss the suggestions with the editor.

2. erorantes profile image32
      erorantesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

To be popular,  you need to participate in everything that  hub pages allow yuo. The other hub with the editing problem. You need to go back and read hub pages expectations.  You probably forgot something on that article. Good luck fixing your hub.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi notnym,

As a few others have mentioned, you've been selected to have your Hubs reviewed by a professional editor and won't be able to edit while she/he is working (the HubTool is not built to accommodate two people editing at once and we want to make sure none of your Hub's content is accidentally lost). You'll have received 2 emails about the editing process to whatever email you used when you signed up for HubPages. Unfortunately, sometimes the emails get caught in your email's spam filter, so you may want to check your spam folder.

notnymposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I've just checked my email and spam filter and definitely haven't been sent any notification of this.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image

I just took a look at your account and it looks like your email was changed recently. If you still have access to your old email account, the notices should still be there. The second email will have a link where you can contact your editor directly if you wish to speak with him/her.

Yes that's where I looked. There is no email.

Hm, sounds like we might have a bug on our hands in that case. I'll check with the Engineering Team to see what the problem might be.

I checked in the mynto n account just to be certain.

Just heard back from the Engineering Team, and our interface confirms that both emails were sent. It's possible that your previous email had a much more aggressive spam filter, but you shouldn't have an issue getting our future emails now that you've updated it.

Thank you. What do I do now about this current issue? How do I gain access to edit the hub again?

2. notnym profile image87
    notnymposted 2 years ago

Oh, OK!

So what did I do to make myself so popular?

They haven't told us their criteria.  They somehow find hubs that show promise and potential.  You can read more about it by reading the HubPro forum that is listed below in the related posts. 

It may feel like some of these edits are critical, since their goal is to tell you how to make your hub better. Take a deep breath and think through whether it is helpful to your hub.  Don't take it personally as a criticism of your writing.  The key is to take it as constructive advice. You are not required to accept all of the edits.

OK, thanks.

Will this help me increase revenue? Is that the overall idea?

The idea is to improve the quality of the site, so higher trafficked hubs are all of high quality.  Yes, the goal is that the traffic and therefore revenue will increase not just in the hubs that are edited, but throughout the site, since people and the search engines will like what they read, and will be willing to come back for more.

3. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The editor who is working on your Hub is supposed to have contacted you.  If they have not, you should write to team@hubpages.com and 1) complain and 2) ask to be put in touch with that person.

According to the below, you should have been notified TWICE before this started.

Here is how the procedure is supposed to work, as listed in the FAQ.  If you find this is happening to you and the editors are not following the rules, report them to admin.

I've just checked and I can't see any email, so I've reported it.

Closed to reply

working