jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 3 Online Dating Traps to AVOID

1. ScienceSeduction profile image60
    ScienceSeductionposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 3 Online Dating Traps to AVOID (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

HP's filters and QAP raters have detected that your hub exists to promote your website.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Calculus Geometry - how are you able to see what the filters detect?  This would be handy to know how to access!

1. profile image0

no, but it's pretty obvious that's what the problem is.  look at the profile.

ScienceSeductionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Profile is blank as far as i can see, so what about the profile makes you say this?

1. profile image0

there's a link to your website on the right.  it's the same link you put in your article. like i said before, they don't like it if you write articles to promote another site.  you'll have to find a way to work in the links much more subtly if you want to use HP to drive traffic to your site.  it might be hard, but it's not impossible. good luck with it.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

You hub:
    Has a misleading title that does not match the content (bait and switch).
    Has questionable material in terms of accuracy. As someone who has used those other sites what you are saying about them is overstated at best.
    Clearly exists only to diss your main competition and sell your site.
    Has pictures of actresses (I recognise Nadine Velazquez) in a way that is probably against copyright and certainly misleading unless she is actually a member of your stating site.
    Has a slimy tone targeting apparently male customers, apparently looking for hot chicks.

How would you change the "slimy tone"?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

For a start I would not diss sites for having women on there who may not be hot.  Dating is for people of all levels of appearance and for people who don't care much about levels of appearance.

I would also either change the content to dating, or change the title to seduction.  These are simply not the same subject.

I would also address issue right on the hub.  Hubs that serve to funnel readers off site to get the answer promised are not permitted.

Exactly where in the text is anything close to this statement "For a start I would not diss sites for having women on there who may not be hot."

I'm deleting the post, no one is reading what the words actually say

2. ScienceSeduction profile image60

Thank you for the help.  The offering is not an online dating website, and I would assume that means it is not competition. 

Do you know men who have had experiences like I describe?  A man's take may be very different.

Lastly can you point out and suggest changes to the "slimy tone"..  and do you think hub quallity control looks for "slimy"?

3. ScienceSeduction profile image60

How exactly is it bait and switch?  Can you be more specific?  The title says it will list three things, and it lists them.  It goes into great detail about the bad dating website practices

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You promise to tell people about online dating traps.  All you actually say is to not use free sites.  The content is not rich and does not fit that title.

4. ScienceSeduction profile image60

I've used the sites and as a MAN, I am not overstating.  A woman's experience is 100% different.  There is another hub that goes into great detail about all the scam types on dating websites that is public

5. ScienceSeduction profile image60

The photo comes up as Labeled for Reuse via Google image search.  Is that enough to use it?

6. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

ScienceSeduction, don't forget that in your the article there is also a four-minute commercial for your seduction course. It doesn't get much more blatant than that. Like Calculus-Geometry stated, you'll need to be much, much more subtle.

FYI, I happened to notice a typo in the video. "Scamed" needs an extra M. This is when it is used toward the beginning of the video.

7. Usman A Iliyasu profile image59
    Usman A Iliyasuposted 2 years ago

Hope they will do this soon.

8. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The words actually say to avoid sites that might have a lot of unattractive women on them.  The disclaimer does not change that.

working