I'd like feedback on my Hub: 3 Online Dating Traps to AVOID

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. ScienceSeduction profile image41
    ScienceSeductionposted 9 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 3 Online Dating Traps to AVOID (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HP's filters and QAP raters have detected that your hub exists to promote your website.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Calculus Geometry - how are you able to see what the filters detect?  This would be handy to know how to access!

1. profile image0

no, but it's pretty obvious that's what the problem is.  look at the profile.

ScienceSeductionposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Profile is blank as far as i can see, so what about the profile makes you say this?

1. profile image0

there's a link to your website on the right.  it's the same link you put in your article. like i said before, they don't like it if you write articles to promote another site.  you'll have to find a way to work in the links much more subtly if you want to use HP to drive traffic to your site.  it might be hard, but it's not impossible. good luck with it.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

You hub:
    Has a misleading title that does not match the content (bait and switch).
    Has questionable material in terms of accuracy. As someone who has used those other sites what you are saying about them is overstated at best.
    Clearly exists only to diss your main competition and sell your site.
    Has pictures of actresses (I recognise Nadine Velazquez) in a way that is probably against copyright and certainly misleading unless she is actually a member of your stating site.
    Has a slimy tone targeting apparently male customers, apparently looking for hot chicks.

How would you change the "slimy tone"?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For a start I would not diss sites for having women on there who may not be hot.  Dating is for people of all levels of appearance and for people who don't care much about levels of appearance.

I would also either change the content to dating, or change the title to seduction.  These are simply not the same subject.

I would also address issue right on the hub.  Hubs that serve to funnel readers off site to get the answer promised are not permitted.

Exactly where in the text is anything close to this statement "For a start I would not diss sites for having women on there who may not be hot."

I'm deleting the post, no one is reading what the words actually say

2. ScienceSeduction profile image41

Thank you for the help.  The offering is not an online dating website, and I would assume that means it is not competition. 

Do you know men who have had experiences like I describe?  A man's take may be very different.

Lastly can you point out and suggest changes to the "slimy tone"..  and do you think hub quallity control looks for "slimy"?

3. ScienceSeduction profile image41

How exactly is it bait and switch?  Can you be more specific?  The title says it will list three things, and it lists them.  It goes into great detail about the bad dating website practices

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You promise to tell people about online dating traps.  All you actually say is to not use free sites.  The content is not rich and does not fit that title.

4. ScienceSeduction profile image41

I've used the sites and as a MAN, I am not overstating.  A woman's experience is 100% different.  There is another hub that goes into great detail about all the scam types on dating websites that is public

5. ScienceSeduction profile image41

The photo comes up as Labeled for Reuse via Google image search.  Is that enough to use it?

6. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

ScienceSeduction, don't forget that in your the article there is also a four-minute commercial for your seduction course. It doesn't get much more blatant than that. Like Calculus-Geometry stated, you'll need to be much, much more subtle.

FYI, I happened to notice a typo in the video. "Scamed" needs an extra M. This is when it is used toward the beginning of the video.

7. Usman A Iliyasu profile image58
    Usman A Iliyasuposted 9 years ago

Hope they will do this soon.

8. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

The words actually say to avoid sites that might have a lot of unattractive women on them.  The disclaimer does not change that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)