jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Pittsburgh Ballet..... and Me!

1. Peter Grujic profile image86
    Peter Grujicposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub. What can I do to improve? This hub is long but there is nothing "spammy" about it. I think it is an important story on how freinship can get one through difficult times. Thanks!

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This Hub will never pass because it is purely personal.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732041

Peter Grujicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

yes- you are right- i forget hub is about dollars and cents- i do more than pull info off the internet and stitch it together to form an article- this one is for another website-i still feel the importance of friendship is an important topic, often forgotten is this techno, social site world - thanks and take care

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
          Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is not the topic that is the problem, but the way it is presented.  If you write a hub about the importance of friendship, it will be fine.  You have to think about the reader, and why they should be reading your hub. What's in it for them to take their valuable time to read your hub?

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
            SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can't see the article in question, which makes it difficult to give accurate advice, but I tend to agree with Millionaire Tips. If you can use your personal story as an example while giving guidance to people who might be going through something similar, I don't think that would be a problem.

I don't know why the link to your article didn't show up in this forum post. In order to advise you properly, we need to be able to read it.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
              Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I looked at it, and it is too personal to pass QAP.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
                Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I didn't see it either, but I did read another one of his hubs, and it seemed to have the same issue.

Personal experience is often valuable in a hub; it just has to be given the correct treatment.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Peter,

I see you've only been here a couple of months-- welcome to HubPages!

I've taken a look at your Hub. First of all, I'm so sorry for the trauma and violence you've experienced. Nobody should have to live through what you did.

Your Hub is currently pending and still has a chance to pass the QAP. In general, we do try to discourage purely personal posts, but in practice we don't often moderate for them (unless they're also spammy). I suspect the main issue with your Hub was the use of certain violence and sexual abuse-related keywords, and I see that you've turned ads off, so this should no longer be an issue.

thanks for feedback- one of the reasons I often have problems discussing this topic is no longer what people think of me but the pity- though your sentiments are appreciated and appropriate- I think I have to redo the article a bit- I want people to know that the true benefit of stellar friends in one's life is not so much to enjoy the "good times" but to help one get through the bad times- I did not fully do this and paid for it dearly - if I can get one person to see this and incorporate that belief, I hope I can make ones journey through a difficult time better - whenever I revisit this time of my life, I sometimes am so relieved I made it through "the telling" that I do not do give the original reason for doing the article the proper focus.- take care-Peter

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

I guess he deleted it.

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Here is the hub
    http://petergrujic.hubpages.com/hub/Pit … let-and-Me

I read it and I'm very sorry you went through such an ordeal, Peter. Hopefully writing about it helps you heal. Perhaps a better place to publish this very personal piece is on a blog. There are many free and and easy to set up options like wordpress.com and blogger.com, and there are no content restrictions so you can write whatever you want. (However, if you want to put ads on your blog then there are some restrictions as to what you can write about.) Generally HP does not allow content that mentions violence. Best of luck to you.

+1

Thanks for the link.

2. Peter Grujic profile image86

thanks but the purpose of the article is not for pity (though your kindness is appreciated) but to demonstrate that some of the most important tools we have in life that help us to survive and move through difficult times are those that require no money or formal education- just a desire to love and care and be loved and cared for - that's all- thanks and take care!

working