jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Can't get the right topic for my Hub

1. camily lm profile image67
    camily lmposted 2 years ago

I have written a hub on Personal Injury Attorney but I can not get the right topic to put it under since it is not in the drop down box. Instead I have opted for the nearest option. Will this affect the hub rating and search engine visibility? Kindly let me know. Thanks

1. sallybea profile image99
      sallybeaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I found other articles written on the same subject under:-
      Explore»Education and Science»Law and Legal Issues »Legal Specialties  Don't know if that helps!

camily lmposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sallybea, your suggestion is awesome. I appreciate your taking your time.

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

yes, sallybea idea is appropriate, it should be under education or mabe business?

2. Dressage Husband profile image77
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

The SEO will be affected only to the extent that the category tags are different to your topic. Sally's suggestions appear to me to be correct. The actual content of your Hub and Quality of your writing will actually have a much greater impact on the search engines and the Hub rating.

The Hub rating will be most affected by the Mechanical Turk readers of the article and their view, which is based on a formula similar to the Hub Hopper, this places little emphasis on the topic category. Having said that having the best category for a Hub does help a bit. I have tried changing some of mine in the past, but do not see any significant changes in traffic and rankings.

camily lmposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks DH, that's too insightful

working