jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to remove Googleupdate.exe?

1. soft365 profile image73
    soft365posted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to remove Googleupdate.exe?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Soft 365 - I saw a few things you might want to check, but others here might have additional ideas.

This hub appears to be translated from another language, and several sentences have missing words - they're not complete sentences without the simple words we use to connect phrases in English. Have a native English speaker go through it and point out these phrases (there are too many to list here, and identifying them is a key step in learning English).  Some titles of your other hubs have the same 'missing word' issues.

I saw one image or graph that has non-English words or characters in it. This is not permitted on HubPages (the site publishes in English and expects all Hubs to use standard English.

If your tips are taken from an online source, the QAP process might see that as copied content. Everything you publish has to be original.

Hope this helps!

soft365posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Marcy Goodfleisch,

I'm from Vietnam. My English is not good. I wrote the article using Vietnamese. I hired a translator to translate it into English.

Thanks for your comment.

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 2 years ago

In that case, you should ask the "translator" to return your money.

A translation should read as if it had been originally written in the target language. It should flow easily and naturally and use vocabulary appropriate to the intended readership. Of course, it should be flawless in terms of grammar too!

Someone who is incapable of doing this should not call themselves a translator nor take money for "translating".

I earn my living as a freelance translator and it annoys me to see incompetent charlatans bring my profession into disrepute.

I think I need to find a new translator. A translator can translate from Vietnamese to English. And I'm having difficulty in this regard.

I have a few Featured hubs. But I'm not sure about the quality of this article. I'm afraid it has a few spelling and grammar.

Thanks

3. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 2 years ago

One rule that people try to follow as far as possible in the translation industry is that the translator should be a native speaker of the target language. So someone translating from Vietnamese to English should ideally be a native English speaker and have learned Vietnamese as a second (or further) language.

Be aware though that it is not cheap to hire a competent translator.

Thank you for your advice. It really makes sense to me.

working