jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Does anyone here use Tweetdeck?

1. TravelMonkey profile image58
    TravelMonkeyposted 8 years ago

Wondering if anyone here uses Tweetdeck, if so, do you use it for Twitter or other social sites?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I thought TweetDeck was only for Twitter

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I have no idea hmm but I thought the same.. isnt that for Twitter?

4. TravelMonkey profile image58

http://www.tweetdeck.com/beta/ It mentions on this site that it has integrated facebook and a couple of other social media sites.

5. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 8 years ago

I have tweetdeck, never got around to using it much and have the tiniest concerns about AdobeAIR anyway...but according to the tweetdeck site

TweetDeck currently integrates services from Twitter, Twitscoop, 12seconds, Stocktwits and now Facebook.

6. WeddingConsultant profile image69
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Yes I have tweet deck and use it regularly. What did you want to know about it?

I highly recommend it if you tweet regularly.

7. TravelMonkey profile image58

What are the general perks of it, and why would people benefit from the integration of other social media sites?

8. WeddingConsultant profile image69

Hmm, well it's a nice bonus to have it plugged into facebook, but it only will update your status there, nothing more. So if you're active @facebook and twitter, you could update your statuses on both.

I typically don't do that because I tweet on all things wedding (name: weddingdude), and my facebook is for personal use, but hey...it works for some.

Perks? You can create categories to help you streamline your focus. In other words, if you have 200 people you're following, but only want to read the tweets of, say, 30 of them, you can create a group for those 30 and have a separate column for just them. Might seem shallow, but several of my friends say they do it. I do not.

You can also have a column where you have an active search for something you're interested in. For example, if you wanted to search tweets for people talking about "cute monkeys", you could create a specific column for that. I have several such search columns for wedding-related things, but I won't get into that wink

Another good benefit is that you can better organize people's responses to you. Again you can have a column for direct messages and people's @replies to you...

9. JamaGenee profile image84
    JamaGeneeposted 8 years ago

Several members of Twitter recommend *Twhirl* over Tweetdeck for those active on multiple social networking sites who want an easy way to keep up with all of them.

10. WeddingConsultant profile image69

Here you go traveling monkey, I completed the tweetdeck hub for your viewing pleasure. Hope it helps shed some light on the topic.

11. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Hoot Suite is a good one too.

12. carpesomediem profile image59
    carpesomediemposted 8 years ago

I gave TweetDeck a try when I first signed up for Twitter, but it's way too cluttered for my obsessive compulsive tendencies.  I definitely see the appeal of it for those using the site, especially when it comes to creating groups and surfing through followers that way.  It's just not for me.  I use TwitBin through Firefox when I'm on the computer now, and it works wonders for me.

working