jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

Huge Fastener in my Profile

1. KCC Big Country profile image88
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

http://www.carelong.com/

I've noticed this large fastener on my profile page.  I didn't want to click on the link, but it is a Google ad.  I typed in the URL in another window and the link to that is posted above.  Crazy thing to have on my hub profile, if you asked me.  Anyone else have that on theirs?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

Not sure what you mean. Like a big furniture clamp?, hook and eye?, a gigantic zipper? , an industrial C-clamp?
    I don't see it.

3. KCC Big Country profile image88

Well...I would refer to it as a bolt and nut....but a big one!  Technically, referred to as a fastener by them.

4. KCC Big Country profile image88

Well...Hugh Downs is there now.....where it was.  I've seen it there a lot though.  Just a weird thing to have on my profile.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Maybe because your hubs are Fascinating--- or that you connect with so many people?

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95

Ok-- i think I have seen that somewhere-- but it's not on yours now-- as far as I can see.

6. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Well, I clicked on it - it leads here http://www.carelong.com.cn/Product-Wheel%20bolt.asp They just plain sell fasteners! smile

Not sure what it has to do with your text though smile

7. Rochelle Frank profile image95

I couldn't understand what the anti-aging cream ad on mine had to do with me... Oh, waitaminit...

8. KCC Big Country profile image88

LOL...that's what I mean.  But, I guess if you really think about it, if you were a fastener manufacturer and wanted to pay Google to place ads for you where would you put them?  "How to" hubs for building things would be a start.  But, me?  On well...was just one of those things that makes me say..."hmmmm"

9. KCC Big Country profile image88

LOL @ Rochelle!  That just isn't nice!  I just checked mine again...the fastener is back.

10. KCC Big Country profile image88

Oops..we posted at the same time....I was saying "that isn't nice" to your comment about the anti-aging cream ad being on yours.  The comments you have just left were incredibly nice! Thank you....I'll have to try to look at it that way from now on.

11. Rochelle Frank profile image95

Fasten-ating.

12. KCC Big Country profile image88

Very clever of you....perhaps the next ad will be riveting. smile

1. agvulpes profile image89
      agvulpesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

KCC, Google seem to be having some trouble in deciding what your Profile is about. ( your now have a dreamy looking ad )
      Perhaps they are picking up on the word "self help" for your nut and bolt ad. You might try putting some keywords in your profile near the top, to attract the ads that your would like.
      Thats probably as clear as mud?
      cool

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I keep getting the bolt or fastener as well.

13. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

That's because we all are nuts, and Google knows it smile

14. ripplemaker profile image85
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

The google ad on my profile is a lawyer lol
    Personal Injury
    Wrongful death
    Class action
    Accidents
    lol

working