Tell me about your idea of Accofranco.

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (54 posts)
  1. mandybeau profile image58
    mandybeauposted 15 years ago

According to him I am his dear sister, he is dark, and I am white, perhaps he means metaphorically.
    He asks alot of questions.
    So what I want to know is reading his Hubs,
    What type of Job would he have? lol.
    He calls me a dull head, and spells mite like a headlice, So what would his I.Q. be?
    What would his hobbies be? etc.etc.ect.
    I just want to know all about this neat guy.A man so keen to bring peace and harmony to a world full of Hate?????
    Are you able to enlighten me, if so please share.

mandybeauposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well its been 30+ minutes and even the Man himself has not been able to answer my simplest of questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Surprise, thought so.

1. JamaGenee profile image78
        JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wonder why you'd even post such questions here.  Why not just go read acco's hubs and comments he's made on the hubs of others and figure it out for yourself.  That's how the rest of us learn about hubbers we find interesting.

I ah don't find him interesting, and have a reason for asking, obviously I have already made my own conclusions, so perhaps, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't ask why i posted the comment I asked another question, and that is actually what I want an answer to. But thanks for your input.
          Mandy.

1. AEvans profile image71
            AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I just think he has a kind heart and wants the World to know that all Nigerians are not scammers or spammers of course unless he is writing a book. smile

Great thankx this was more what I wanted to hear other peoples view points, so I can rethink my own
              Have a great day
              Mandybeau

2. countrywomen profile image60
              countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am with you on this AEvans. I think in twenties we are way too idealistic and have such lofty visions to want to change the world (for different folks it takes different realizations to see that it isn't always the ideal world that we really want it to be). I think he would keep growing and learning as he goes along.
              Even Mandy is a kind soul and loves to interact with people and I think she is enjoying our company as much as we are enjoying her company (although google folks may still be a little wary of her) wink

1. SweetiePie profile image81
                SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am not so sure it is an age thing because people of all ages have acted silly on forums too.  Just think it is better to ignore comments we do not like.  All in all he does not bother me and just seems curious about life.

1. countrywomen profile image60

I agree with you that he is certainly curious hence I said he will keep "growing and learning". Btw my mention of age was just to address this "A man so keen to bring peace and harmony to a world full of Hate" smile

See what you mean.  I guess my opinion varies on this one from the majority.

2. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's 2:46am in Nigeria.

Nigerians need their sleep too I suppose.

It is my opinion that Nigerians never sleep lol.

3. accofranco profile image79
        accofrancoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

accofranco is just a harmless dove.

2. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 15 years ago

He's a man who wishes to wash away the negative Nigerian stereotypes while repeating, even inventing, new ones for the rest of the world.

To be honest, I don't know much about Nigeria. I know it's in Africa. That it has a reputation for spam and scam (I read a while back that some large corporations block ALL Nigerian IP's to cut down on the amount of spam and scam emails that they get on a daily basis). But I do know that it has a very large film industry, in fact the third largest in the world. Which is known as Nollywood.

I assume that there are more Nigerians in Australia then there are Australians in Nigeria. There seems to be a large contingent that go to the University in Newcastle.

I wonder what accofranco knows or thinks about Australia.

1. accofranco profile image79

I have only seen a picture and video of Australia which my parents covered during their vacation in Adelaide Australia in 2007,and i hope to visit there some day in life.I am sorry i acted cowardly and nervously at "mandybeau's" post.

1. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was curious about how much (or how little) you knew about Australia. I haven't been to South Australia (the state in which Adelaide is the capital city).

As I said, I don't know much about Nigeria. The film industry intrigues me. I'm very interested in filmmaking.

What would be nice is if you wrote a hub about your country. Don't worry about arguing about spam or scam. Leave that off the table. Tell me about where you live. Tell me what you like about the place.

3. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

If someone bothers you that much just stop interacting with them.  If you stop replying to his posts then he will not be able to ask you questions.

Doesn't bother me, just interested, as I am whenever I find somethime I need to know about. I want others opinions and not his, if you think I am horrible, it is probably because I am.

No I do not think you are horrible, I just do not know why people are so annoyed by his comments.  That is just my opinion, and you are entitled to be annoyed if you want.

Not annoyed I have just formulated a link between alot of things, and am curious where my findings
          will take me.
          I live in a country where Nigeria has ripped heaps of people off. admittedly the less educated, my Country has a really bad opinion, and much that he says is echoed in the type or persona, that has given us trouble before. Also asking for I.D. such as D.O.B/ and formulating a database of personal info, is a worry to anyones security.
          He quickly told me I was a fraudster, and I don't know why he would say that. I have read all his Hubs and it is just something I cannot put my hands on.
          So sorry, believe me it is not a personal vendetta, just curiosity...
          Mandy

When in a post he said his birthday I started a thread wishing him and he felt really happy. Then subsequently he started the other thread(which I believe was a innocent question to know others day/month and not year so that may be he can also wish others). And also he has repeatedly said that he is very upset about the stereotype of Nigeria being full of scams/spams.
            To be fair to him (and giving him the benefit of doubt). I know there are some emails like that circulating and even I have received those emails but I have yet to meet someone in real who took the bait (and if someone thinks they can be rich then the part of the blame lies with the individual too if he acts upon his/her greed). I am not trying to defend those who commit such scams but to think every Nigerian is a scam person would be too harsh a conclusion to draw.

P.S: Mandy I think you are a wonderful person who loves to talk and we also enjoy your company a lot. I hope you are not upset by anything I have said so far. smile

4. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

AccoFranco seems pretty typically a Nigerian of probably upper or middle class descent.  I think he's a student--I believe he wants to study in the U.S?--believe I read that.

Much of the "oddness" in expression, etc., comes from being from another culture.  Even that whole kinda strange exchange I saw about having a sex drive or whatever that was.  They have lots of issues in Africa with AIDS, etc. and post colonialism has turned their traditional world a bit upside down.

I have a good friend from the Ivory Coast who came to the US for his M.A/Phd.--I recently edited his thesis on culture and pan Africanism...  I also taught a little ESL..

If he's calling you 'sister,' I believe he means friend.

HI Ya thnx, He didn't sound friendly more men acing. I get alot of Physic stuff happening and i can't help but see a middle aged guy, not a student. This guy does not give me a young feel, and i wonder why that is amongst other things, So I get what you are saying, but when you read, the Hubs, there is something there, that makes me think older, and quite different, than the person, everyone seems to thin k. I know that is just me, but I have been right before. I might write a Hub on how I was right before. Do you think that they are just super bright so give the impression of older????????

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He's bright, yeah...  But also I've run into many immigrants that seem very mature for their age (and then very very immature about some things--like sex).  They've seen some things that us westerners have not seen--so they carry that weight and you get that feel, I think.

They also approach M-F relationships differently than what we are used to...  My Ivory Coast friend, lol, at one time wanted me to marry him and I had to strongly convince him that was not a good idea--we were just friends..

So what I'm saying is I think you are probably partially right...but that he's probably benign, all said and done..

1. Christoph Reilly profile image69
          Christoph Reillyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Benign? Like a tumor?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
            Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

They should be removed, even if benign. They take up space which may interfere with the functioning of other parts.... Speaking about tumors .... nothing else.

5. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

LOL, Rochelle & Chris.  Sure.

I dunno...I've only seen his comments in the forums.  CW appears to like him.  That has to say something.

Lita thanks, Countrywomen liking him was one of the things that threw me. To be blunt, I was exceptionally anti.... I agree that although everyone has a bit of fun, he seems more Fanatical.
      I feel that Countrywomen is wise, as is AEvans, and Cris,
      However Rochelle is also someone, that I take very seriously, So I was leaning a little towards thinking that I was being unkind, now I am back to where I was originally Still unsure.

That has been quite a discussion. We just returned back from the dinner. Well lita I was just trying to understand things from his perspective too. You know when I was a kid I asked my father it must be so easy to give judgements just listen to defense and prosecution and then pronounce judgement. He said one of the toughest things is to understand the facts of the case keeping in mind the mens rea (guilty intention) before giving a judgement.

I guess I like to think when I myself have not understood myself properly before judging myself one way or the other than how much more difficult it is for me to understand somebody(with different background, upbringing and experiences) before judging them. I mean if I have gaps in my understanding and I try to fill those gaps with my perceptions/interpretations then sometimes it may not be the complete true picture. I prefer to give everyone a benefit of doubt.

In this case we don't have enough Nigerians in the forums to know more about there perspectives and till then I would prefer to keep my understanding open about them until I have substantial more interactions in this regard. I guess I may or may not be making much sense I better stop now. smile

Now I get that and I also realise now that Nigerians sites are blocked for scam reasons, also I am told, that Computers, and English speaking are also a problem, so the scams, are easily caught......So whilst the hub has given me more insight. I think I will just never Know thnx as always
        mandy

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Hi Mandy smile I dont see any problems with worrying about safety. Giving out personal info online is a big no-no most stated for net safety wink so if you are worried ... you do not have to respond and do not feel bad about it. Know how many lectures I get from the cops I know about staying safe? tongue dont ask, lol

7. accofranco profile image79
    accofrancoposted 15 years ago

Please i am sorry i have been absent, i have been sleeping,it's 5:55 am here.Please housemates,is it fair for a fellow housemate here to write this: "...i do not trust you and i do not trust Nigeria (being my country) just because i posted a topic to know other hubbers' DOB so i can reciprocate the love countrywomen showed on me the day i told her of my birth day.Is it fair please? I dunno that some unworthy Nigerians have indulged in so called internet scam,but just like every other country,we have our limitation,and the government officials and some good citizens are fighting against this scourge.Therefore,i see it as tarnishing for someone who should be encouraging me to struggle more with my desire to change Nigeria.Don't worry,i have a wonderfully compiled hub on "scam" so you can learn and stop bordering much about it.Please forgive me mandybeau,i replied to your post so that you can feel the pains too.But true, a Chinese and an American have fraud my family before,in the name of importation.

I felt that I needed to know more about you accofranco, as I have had a series of strange computer problems, viruses, and weirdo's putting links to my site for profit. One has caused my computer to run really strangely, and it was after i posted on your site. Everyone bar a few seem to think you are O.K. That was all I wanted to really know. But seriously Internet fraud is loathsome, and out here we are constantly hearing stories, and perhaps sadly your country is blamed alot. As for Chinese, out here they arejust getting into a bit of crime, but usually against their own race.
      Mandy

8. accofranco profile image79

Please "mandybeau", my use of the word "sister" means deep honor and respect. Definitely,i hate fraud,i hate scam,and i know quite sure that it is unemployment that is driving young people into this fatal act,and that is why i have initiated a foundation for poor children and ex-prisoners,this was aimed at reducing crime and sufferings.So what will i gain from scam that pays nothing but a penny,i believe in diligence and faireness,so i was upset for you "mandybeau" to generalise in your post,that was why i reacted.And you know i used such "fallacy" of generalisation once here about westerners,and i was scold to use such generalisation which they called "stereotyping",and my dad also condemned me for that,and i appologised here.Please i am working very hard to fight this,and you guys should also help me to achieve this goal, instead of bringing down my efforts.So "mandybeau" forgive me,and please don't generalise,it's very bad.Thank you.

9. accofranco profile image79

For other hubbers,i have red all your comments and reactions towards things that concerns me and Nigeria, it is not your fault nor your making, but we must learn to act wisely in everything and learn not to be acting based on sentiments and hate,we all are brothers and sisters,and if you can testify,i have never attacked any one directly,but people do attack me directly to my nose here,and no one reacts to that,but when i ulter few bad words,every body cries out so bitterly against it,please it's too unfair,think twice.

I kept getting that you were a middle aged man, but these last two posts sound younger.
      So don't worry, its about me finding out..... I am naturally vindictive, and always, sort out those that cross me. Consider yourself eliminated from my list of possible dodgy sites.
      Mandy

Thanks for your understanding, forgive me.As for my age class,i just marked 25 this month.Take care Mandy.

Mandy - You really are a gem of a person. I have often seen that people who really  may be "vindictive" and who may knowingly or unknowingly hurt people don't have the guts to put up there hands later when the realization dawns that they may be mistaken. It is far easier to hurt some one but much much more difficult to take the responsibility to admit it. I have seen this trait in you earlier too. It takes a lot of character and you have it in abundance. Don't worry you are very much admired and we all still love to talk to you (except for the google folks) wink

Thnx and yes Google still dislike me, lol, but never mind Karma is still out there Karma and moi .
          Mandy

Talking about Karma maybe one day it maybe at the receiving end of there search engine breaking down due to a virus outbreak(I am not telling from where)wink
            http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_8_8.gif
            Ok now before somebody tells me the below caption I think I got to get out of here.
            http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4835/stayontopiccx9.gif

2. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, Acco.  I think it is easy for people to get suspicious for many reasons--as you probably know, it may not be about you at all personally. It may be about fear or bad experiences they've had in the past.

Thanks for your understanding and reasoning,forgive me if i did infringe your law or privacy,i am learning every day here and other places.Thank you and remain blessed.

Cheers accofranco, You or nobody for that matter scares me, and  you haven't infringed anything, Like I said nothing personal. Have a nice night, Do you want me to remove the Hub Say so and i will.

10. accofranco profile image79

It all depends on your wish,if you wish u can remove it. Your wish is my command.

11. mandybeau profile image58
    mandybeauposted 15 years ago

Sorry I can't delete it Have tried..But everyone is saying quite positive things so maybe you can use the thing as a platform to show that Nigerians are different from how the world thinks.
    Everything happens for a purpose. No one has said anything bad... Whereas I think if you asked the same questions of me... The responses may not be as good as you got.
    Mandy

Thanks for your efforts,remain blessed.

12. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 15 years ago

I think accofranco's biggest problem, and perhaps his only problem, is he's unfamiliar with forum etiquette.

And that is something that you can learn.

Tah I'll er bear it in mind.

Darkside- Even I am not aware of the etiquette. Can you please mention the etiquettes or maybe write a hub smile

P.S: I am just aware of these basic tips about forums BB.

I don't take issue, with Darksides need for ettiquette, the fact he knows a French word impresses me, What he probably doesn't get is etiquette goes out the window, when debate, takes place......
        But I did thank him for his advise.
        Lol
        Mandy

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)