jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Ad Pop Ups

1. Thelma Alberts profile image84
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

Good morning Guys! I have just logged in and I saw a lot of ad pop ups including amazon in my HP articles, even in the comments. What happened? I don´t think it is from this site. It looks so spammy that I don´t like to continue reading. I checked my blogs and it´s the same. What shall I do? Please help me get rid of them. I´m not a techy person. Thanks in advance.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hello Thelma. Did a change occur with your browser such as a new extension added to the ones you had? Do you get pop-ups on your PC without using the internet too? Was any new application downloaded?

Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi tsmog! No, I only got pop ups when I was using the internet. It seemed that what I clicked on my IE browser was a hidden ad. I only saw the X and it was disturbing so I clicked it to get rid of it. I only realized what happened after thinking for a few hours. Thankfully, it´s alright now as I used the computer of my hubby searching online how to get rid of pop ups ads. I am using my laptop again. Thanks for your comment. Have a great day.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Pop-ups are most often malware on the person's home computer.

Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for the information relache. My laptop is okay again as I was able to get rid of the pop ups. Thanks to you tube videos DIY tutorial. Have a wonderful day!

working