I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Dresses For Plus Size Women. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
I looked at your hub. The sense I've gotten from exchanging emails with the team at HubPages is that with the current standards:
1) Even though there's a 100-words-of-text-to-product limit ratio, this is not so much what's allowed, as the maximum of what's allowed. I'm not sure why they mention the 100-words-to-product thing anymore, because it's superseded by a idea that any more than a few (read, 2-3) product links in most hubs (including those 2000-3000 words) appear to be rejected, due to seeming spammy to the quality moderators.
2) For every single product promoted, you need to demonstrate your personal experience with it. Any grandfathered hubs designed to focus on products you haven't actually used will be unfeatured.
3) The accessories section is probably considered tangential to the hub now. Whereas years ago, they encouraged in-depth hubs that were kind of substitutes for whole websites and included such tangential topics, now they want deeply focused stuff. And whereas before they discouraged too-blatantly-personal-bloglike posts, now they want us to carefully, oh-so-carefully walk that delicate line between personal experience and authority, with a weight on personal experience.
Also, this is just my guess, but it could be that photos featuring some media personalities might not be considered okay to use anymore by HubPages, not because of copyright but because of moral rights. Not sure if they've gone that far, though.
Hope that helps. I'm guessing this won't pass to be featured until it's significantly culled.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I have been away for a while from the site and it seems like a completely new place now. There are so many new rules that I find difficult to keep up with all the changes.
I'll take your comments into account and see if I can change the slant of the page to something more "hubpages suitable". It looks like a lot of work though, I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to start from scratch...
Princessa, a lot has changed since you've been away! Your Hub is a perfect example of the style of Sales Hub which used to make big money on HP - and possibly still could on your own blog - but is now deeply frowned upon here.
You do have some useful information to offer on this topic, but that's not obvious at a cursory glance. The early part of the Hub looks like you've grabbed a few celebrity shots and you're retreadng some well-worn advice from the women's magazines. So I think you need to reorganise the content
- your opening shot is just a photo of a celebrity with no meaningful comment, which doesn't give the reader confidence you're going to offer solid information. If you're going to open with an image, I think it needs to be a comparison shot or a before/after.
- make better use of sub-headings to organise your content into different kinds of advice.
- for every Amazon dress you're recommending, write a description to explain WHY you're recommending it.
Thank you Marisa. It looks like a lot of work. I wonder if it is really worth it...
It is amazing how much the site has changed. I hope that in the end it is for the best.
Yes, I wonder if it's worth it, too!
HubPages has changed because Google has changed its algorithm, and all website owners are making changes accordingly. I'm not convinced that HubPages has made the RIGHT changes, but it's their site so it's their privilege!
I took a look at your EscapeArtist blog - are you still actively maintaining it? Looks interesting but it has a few issues.
If you want to debate further you can PM me.
Oh, and overall, you'd need to change the slant of the page. Right now it says "sales page." Though you and I both remember when sales pages were a legitimate format here, and your targeted readers like them when they're not deceptive, now they're now lumped together with spam pages.
by Frik Harmse 2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Replacing the Tabata Protocol with....the Shortest Workout in the World." (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Moushami 23 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Water drinking habit (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Jackie Lynnley 9 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article [url=https://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/Jesus-Healed-Them-All]Jesus Healed Them All - Putting Faith in Prayer and the Word of God[/url]. What can I do to...
by Jerry Fisher 3 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 11 Easy Ways to Make Extra Money on the Internet. What can I do to improve? Thanks!I find this strange I keep getting little email notes from Hubpages about the quality of this hib,...
by Nell Rose 2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Outlander Dress like Jamie and Claire with these Fantastic Outfits. What can I do to improve? Thanks!I know I am not a new hubber, but for some reason there is a problem with this hub?...
by Baisil 22 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Easy Method to Cure Canker Sore (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|