|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
Why are my ad impressions only half of what HubPages shows for traffic for each day? I know they receive a 40% cut (which is demotivating for me, I'd rather it be 70/30 or even 80/20, that would be way more motivating), but it seems even with the 40%, my impressions are low.
What you see are your impressions on the time that your ads show (60%) the rest (40%) are those that go to Hubpages.
Mine are way off, too, and I mentioned that here:
That was posted on the Technical Problems forum, which the staff supposedly monitors.
So now it's Tuesday, and still no word from the staff.
There was a delay over the weekend and stats and earnings were updated yesterday.
I just noticed that my total views are lower than they were yesterday. They are about where they were on Sunday. I write the views down every time I see an update and I've lost about 300 views from the "Ever" column.
So why don't you move your content to your own site and get 100% of the impressions?
I may be wrong but I think what the OP is saying is why is the money from ad impressions way down compared to what she's received in the past for the traffic that the site is getting. (i.e. the percentage share issue is irrelevant since that is a given)
In other words why is ad income much reduced?
I'm also experiencing the same problem. I'd also add in that I am perplexed by the fact Amazon seems to have also dried up completely - relative to the traffic numbers - which is very odd.
So does HubPages have a difficulty in recording and reporting data re. income - but hasn't said anything?
How about the option that Relache suggests - and we look seriously at the alternative 100% option in relation to traffic, stats and income?
I do know sites which purport to share income with content providers according to a set formula tend to only be credible for as long as they can provide reliable statistics on a consistent basis. If they lose credibility they also tend to lose content....
Not resolved. Over time, it appears that my ad earnings are at 50% instead of 60%.
My ad impressions are half of my traffic.
by Juliette Kando FI Chor18 months ago
Instead of being addicted to the Stats page and getting frustrated by its inefficiency, I suggest we get rid of hub scores and hubber scores and stats. Just keep us informed on a daily basis of earnings. This would free...
by Andrew Orrell6 years ago
This has been something i have wondered about before and it has always puzzzle me. However, yesterday there was an even bigger gap in my stats, my Hubpages stats showed just over 5000 views. However, my...
by Katherine Tyrrell2 years ago
I don't suppose I'm the only person wondering what happens if the machinations - automated or otherwise - lead to HubPages having a much REDUCED income stream from Amazon.Make no mistake - as Google Adsense income dives...
by StormsHalted5 years ago
Recently came to know of HP's policy of taking 40% of our impressions.......means or probably implies that for every $100 you earn HP might earn $40 or even more.........do you think its justified I mean they host our...
by julieannbrady3 years ago
I've been hearing lots of positive posts from lensmasters whose lenses transferred to HP recently that their hubs are getting a lot more "traffic" than previously as Squidoo lenses.I too have noticed that my...
by Don Bobbitt2 years ago
I've been an active user of HP for over 6 years. Over that time, my income would increase until, suddenly, my "reads" would take a hit and my (modest) income would take a drop.This has happened a number of...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.