jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Is the word Transgender not allowed to be mentioned or written

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I've asked two questions today dealing with transgender people in the military and they were denied. I was respectful and honestly wanted to know what people thought What is the problem?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is a topic tree branch for it, so the word must be okay

http://hubpages.com/topics/gender-and-r … ssues/1997

Perhaps you were denied because they believe the question is more appropriate for a forum.  They have been cracking down on Q&A that are not being used to "inspire hubs" or something like that.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you ask questions that would lead to the creation of a Hub?  If not, don't ask in the Q&A area.  That's not what that section is for.

If your questions might have been used to create a Hub, it wouldn't surprise me if a moderator here responded to a wave of complaints against your questions from the military and religious-focused members of the site and denied them.  Transpersons are not allowed to serve openly in the U.S. military and face a lot of discrimination to their existence in general.

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There were many reports in the news about the military s plans to lift the ban on transgender members. I do think it was newsworthy and could have made a good hub.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your questions were not moderated due to the content of the question, but to it being a discussion of opinion.

Questions are intended as a place to ask a factual question from which you can create a Hub.
      For discussions of opinion, please use the forums and not QA.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Topi … d_22576958

2. paradigm search profile image62
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

Stacie,

Here's what it is...

You picked a hot button, newsworthy topic. As such, it will generate lots of answers, traffic, and ad revenue.

In the Q&A section, HP only gets 40% of the revenue. In the forums, HP gets 100% of the revenue.

And that is why the rules are what they are.

Me thinks I'm feeling cynical today...

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image81
      csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i was just lurking around until i saw this response from pds! such a  character!  it made my day! bwahaha!

3. profile image58
    medschoolposted 2 years ago

I don't see why not.

working