jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Google indexing

1. Rational Critic profile image76
    Rational Criticposted 2 years ago

Hello everybody,

I have recently joined HubPages community and have written two hubs that have featured status. One of the hubs was written ~10 days ago. Neither of these, however, are being indexed by Google. I have submitted both hubs for indexing via Google Webmaster Tools yet that does not give any results either. Is this normal? Any idea how this problem might be solved?

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Have just checked one of your hubs - Chemistry Problem Solving Stratiegies.. and it is indeed indexed within Google...

However you may want to look at your spelling in the title!!

The other hub is also indexed....

Do you know how to check?

1. Rational Critic profile image76
        Rational Criticposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes - they are indexed, though Webmaster Tools imply otherwise and provide no further information. Google itself does not seem to show much affection for these hubs either, but that is a different problem I guess. Any idea whether the index position will rise with time?

Thanks for swift help

1. LeanMan profile image82
          LeanManposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Traffic will very much depend on two main factors -

How many people are searching for your keywords, you can use the google keyword tool to find this out.
          and
          How much competition there is for your keywords - so if there are long standing respected review sites that already have the review why would yours outrank them - if there are respected homework help sites that explain how to do the chemistry stuff how would you outrank them??

If there are no searches or too much competition then you are not going to get much love from Google...

2. frankcofrah profile image41
    frankcofrahposted 2 years ago

Can someone please teach me how to check if your hub is indexed by Google.

working