jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Google Panda 4.2 rolled out this weekend

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

And evidently we won't know the full effect of it for months. http://searchengineland.com/google-pand … ths-225850

But those previously penalized could be doing better; though others could be penalized.

1. Lady Lorelei profile image79
      Lady Loreleiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing Nate.

NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

No problem, glad to help.

2. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Thanks, Nate, for the heads up. Sounds like a kinder, gentler Panda this time around. smile Probably good that it rolled out at a slow time. Hopefully, we will reap the benefits by the holidays.

No problem. Yes, I'm hoping the effect of it is positive.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago

I seem to be doing better since last Saturday, so maybe Google likes me now.

I've seen some improvement, kind of thinking the same thing.

4. Fiction Teller profile image59
    Fiction Tellerposted 2 years ago

Er, folks? A slow, fuzzy rollout means that even more than before, we won't know whether, what, or when to change, or who or what to blame, when.

Even if we seem to be rewarded, in trying to helplessly second-guess whether we done right or wrong, and without a proper start-end timeframe at the beginning, we could be making things worse by taking action, or making things worse by not taking action.

In other words, we're gonna go wacky....

I'll probably do what I've always done - whatever seems right at the time. But it's not looking like I'll be armed with any good new data. Google is not promoting a better understanding of good pages, here.

5. pumpkincat210 profile image89
    pumpkincat210posted 2 years ago

I saw a lovely spike in traffic over the weekend but it dropped off on Monday to pre weekend levels.

6. paradigm search profile image61
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

I compared M,T,W of this week versus last week. This week was a teeny, tiny tad upward. So either:

A. Google still doesn't hate me.

Or

B. Google hasn't gotten around to me yet.

7. paradigm search profile image61
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

Btw, Paul E. has made a post about all this. I don't know if Paul relegated it to the boondocks or a moderator did it. At any rate, it is at http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/132033

8. suraj punjabi profile image87
    suraj punjabiposted 2 years ago

I think it is best to leave the Pandas and Penguins alone and concentrate on writing great high quality articles on things we are passionate about. If people are concerned about not making enough money on Hubpages there are countless other venues online or offline to make decent money.

working