jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How many product reviews for your own blogs?

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

For those who have their own sites, and have product reviews on the sites, how many pages of product reviews do you have? Is there a certain number of them that is ideal, or not?

2. LPerry60 profile image79
    LPerry60posted 2 years ago

I set up my sites so that the navigation pages across the top each contain a listing of a certain category in my product range. I use the posts for articles about the topic to get traffic.

I try to list/ review at least 5 products to a page; maybe 300 words each. When I tried reviewing a single product in every post, my visitors seemed to get overwhelmed with the choices and my sales went down.

I know that method works for some if the categories are well organized. Are you doing Amazon Affiliate?

Surprisingly, I get more sales-click throughs from one particular page that only has a general link :  See the full listing of best-selling  insert-product-category here.

NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm using Amazon and Share a Sale.

I was wondering about covering multiple products in a single post, which is what I tend to do, wasn't sure if it was a good idea or if I should focus on a single product. It's reassuring that you've had success with multiple products in a single post.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What I do is have individual product reviews and also have a page with the top products in each particular category. That seems to do well. If you're just beginning something go with multiple on a single page.

Logical and smart, thanks for the info.

2. ChristinS profile image92
        ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends on the topic, but I've used both methods.  Mostly I list a few well reviewed items on a page.  On one blog I did a post on how to enhance a craft fair booth to make it more appealing like a small retail space.  In that hub I linked to several options for doing this based on what a vendor might be selling etc.  That worked well. 

Another post I was writing specifically about an earring display I had used with success, so I linked only to the specific item the post was about instead of different variants.

I think too much on a page can get to looking "spammy" or overwhelm the reader so I tend to limit to the most 5 items a post.  I can always do another similar post with more items... It works ok for me so far, so I'll keep doing it this way I think.

Thanks, Christin, that makes sense.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

More than half the posts on my belly dance and ballet blogs are product reviews.

Good to know. I could definitely write some more product reviews then.

working