jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think of product reviews or information here?

1. Cre8tor profile image95
    Cre8torposted 7 months ago

I've been thinking of writing articles about products that I deal with and have, I believe, more in depth knowledge than most that could be useful to many on the net. I don't plan to draw direct comparisons to other specific products, just provide information about the widget and why it may beneficial or not. Any tips on these type of Hubs? Will using specific product name brands limit my ability to get onto the other sites? Are there any legalities about this type of thing I should be aware of other than of course the use of images and plagiarism?

Thank you in advance for any tips you may offer.

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 months ago

Product reviews are perfectly acceptable and legal.  Using specific product names won't limit their eligibility for the niche sites.

Cre8torposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Great. Thank you Marisa.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Product comparison pages do a lot better than individual reviews, generally. If you are able to take a product apart and subject each component to extensive testing, that can work too. Bottom line: you need to produce something better and more useful than Amazon can, with its vast reservoir of individual reviews.

Cre8torposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Good point. Thank you.

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 months ago

I should have said that there are 2 stages to having a successful product related page. The first one is that you need to satisfy the HP editors demands for personal testimony (this product is 'awesome' because I did 'this' with it).

The second stage is to write an information packed page that genuinely helps consumers make an informed choice and saves them a great deal of research. The 'stellar hub' format is a good way to go. That kind of page will draw visitors and you will make money from it.

It is a genuine learning process. You need to give a lot of thought to what different groups of consumers really want from a product and offer the different groups worthwhile choices with a lot of background info to help them make a decision.

working