jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Remembering your Dearest - A Tribute to My Spouse

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Hi Friends,

I'd like some help for getting my hub re-featured which got unfeatured since 2 months. I tried many edits but no fruitful result.
    Remembering your Dearest - A Tribute to My Spouse.

What more can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

hI Venkat, I remember reading this beautiful tribute before an voting it up. Is it unfeatured due to engagement?  If so, just try changing  the title or maybe adding a full width photo. A new title could be as simple as writing "a tribute to my wife" instead of spouse, this will make it go through a new review and mot likely be re-featured. It deserves to be.

Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Even if I change the title, i think the url will not change. That's why I did not touch the title till now. If you recommend, I am ready to change it.
        Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

2. peachpurple profile image75
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i remembered reading this hub too and i voted up too. I agree that the title should change to a tribute to my wife.

Could you plese break into paragraphs for each sub hub? Looks quite cramp

You mean each capsule into 2 or more paragraphs? I will see it.
        Thanks for the suggestion.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is a lovely tribute, but it is a tribute to a member of your family.   I think that may be the reason it is not Featured.

The HubPages guidelines do not allow purely personal articles.  If your Hub was about bereavement or helping others to write tributes, for instance, it would be acceptable, but because it is about a member of your family, it can only be of real value to her family and friends.

But, Marisa, I find many other tributes to family members featured on some of our hubbers profiles. I agree it may be more personal, and that's why I added a capsule at the starting to give guidelines for tributes and in the last para also I generalised it with some tips useful for all people. Can you suggest how to make it more generalised? I will be thankful.

working