jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

HubPages Is Putting My Hubs Into Some Weird Categories/What Can I Do?

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image90
    letstalkabouteducposted 2 years ago

Above the title I created, Hubpages has a category written in red. Some of my hubs are getting placed in fitting categories but other aren't. For example, I wrote a hub about Stephen Ira Beatty, the transgender son of Warren Beatty. It has "Soap Opera" written above the title rather than something more suitable such as "Celebrities," "LGBT," etc.  Do I have any control over this? How can I change these?  Thanks!

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You can access and edit the topic each Hub is classified under from this page in your account settings,

http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/topics

3. paradigm search profile image59
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

If you can find an existing topic category/subcategory that more accurately represents your hub, go for it. I can't see HP minding that.

At top-of-page in edit mode, you will see "Topic 'whatever' click to edit "

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

I have never seen this happen. Hub Pages has never changed any category I've selected for any hub, even those which fellow Hubbers have later told me would do better in a different category.

1. paradigm search profile image59
      paradigm searchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think HP has done it to me on several occasions. I've been fine with it. Come to think of it, I think I'll go visit my main-account profile page and see what they've been up to lately.

5. letstalkabouteduc profile image90
    letstalkabouteducposted 2 years ago

Thanks! I changed them.

working