jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Five Daisies for Your Garden

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image86
    Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Five Daisies for Your Garden. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've now revamped this page http://gloriousconfusion.hubpages.com/h … our-garden
      taking into account everyone's comments. Please tell me whether you think it's now OK and ready to be featured.
      Thanks

2. Virginia Allain profile image66
    Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago

I'm not a good one for giving advice as about half of my 500 hubs are unfeatured or unpublished. Sigh.

One thing that may be holding it back is the inclusion of product modules. Although the garden tools and hose reel seem like a good pairing to you and me, I think the reviewers are told to view those as spam. Most unfortunate.

I see that Amazon has some daisy seeds for sale and a daisy grow kit. Those might be considered a better fit for your topic.

Thanks Virginia, I had a look, but quite honestly, I'm not keen to sell daisy seeds at inflated prices (some of them more than $50), and, on the other hand, I can't see the point of selling $5 items.

I still feel I want to keep the garden Amazon links I already have.  It's all so annoying!

1. Virginia Allain profile image66
        Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's the problem I'm having with my hubs and why eventually I'll have to move the topics off to a separate website. Such a bother when they earned well on Squidoo, so obviously the products suited people then.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

All of your products are random, and unrequired for your topic. which means they are viewed as spammy elements.  Especially where you push Zazzle phone cases you make at the end of the Hub.  That's unrelated and self-promotional.

Thanks Relache - I thought that as the Zazzle item was flowers, and the hub was made for flower and garden lovers, it would be appropriate.  What if I were to do something with daisies instead of hollyhocks - would that still be spammy?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, it's not enough - all the Amazon capsules would be classed as "tangentially related" and therefore not acceptable.   Those are HubPages rules I'm afraid - if you want to write here, you have to get used to them.

working