jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Best Italian Language Courses - Language Software

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image85
    Gloriousconfusionposted 24 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Best Italian Language Courses - Language Software. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 24 months ago in reply to this

The purpose of your Hub according to its title is to showcase Italian language courses, but most of your Hub is not about the courses but about your love of the language, etc. and includes other content that is irrelevant. These include your picture of an Italian doll and the Youtube videos of Italian songs. None of those help the reader understand anything about those courses.

The only part of your Hub that is actually relevant are the two small Amazon capsules where all you do is say that one is "a very substantial and in-depth course" that will be useful for business, etc., and for the other you list a few of the topics covered. This tells me almost nothing about the courses, and the fact that the only place this small amount of info appears is in Amazon capsules, will make your Hub appear very spammy to HubPages.

2. Gloriousconfusion profile image85
    Gloriousconfusionposted 24 months ago

Thanks chasmac - I thought people would enjoy the additional bits - clearly I was wrong.  And yet we are always advised to do a bit of chat and add things of general interest.

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 24 months ago in reply to this

The introduction to the Hub is fine, but I think you have to keep in mind that people coming to your Hub, especially those who come via search engines, are looking for information on Italian language courses. While some may enjoy the added info, many will be disappointed or annoyed that most of the Hub isn't about the language courses. They'll click the back button and try somewhere else. They may even try a different search engine. That's why search engines penalise sites, including HubPages, that publish what they call "thin content", and it's also why HubPages penalises Hubbers by making the Hub fail the quality appraisal process.

I'm not sure where you saw that HubPages wants a bit of chat and general interest content added. They want rich media elements added such as videos and images, etc - but in all cases they must be relevant to the topic.

working