Sharing Hubs on My Personal Website

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Farawaytreeposted 8 years ago

Okay who knows how I can move or copy my hubs to a personal website? Thanks!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Farawaytree,

WryLilt's advice is both correct and very sensible. smile

1. profile image0
        Farawaytreeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

2. paradigm search profile image55
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

That involves a lot of steps. Besides, you've only been here 5-6 weeks; that's much too soon to give up on HubPages (if that's what you are doing). smile

3. profile image0
    Farawaytreeposted 8 years ago

No, not at all. But Can I not have my hubs on my own website as well as on hubpages?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You wrote them, so legally you can repost your articles on any site that will accept them.  But if you republish it on the web it will set off HP's duplicate content filter and HP will unpublish your hub.  If you'd rather have your articles on your own site, it's best to unpublish them here first.  Or, if you'd like to have the best of both worlds you can publish snippets of the articles on your site and then direct readers here. It's up to you to figure out which approach will get you more readers and make you more money.

1. profile image0

Okay, thank you guys, that's helpful...

1. profile image0

Glad to help.  The key point is that HP won't accept articles that appear anywhere else on the web, regardless of where they were published first.

A lot of people who use HP transfer their really successful articles to their own sites to make more money. (The earnings from what you publish here are split with HP.)

1. profile image0

Got it. Okay, thank you smile))

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 8 years ago

There is a lot of incorrect info out there about duplicating -

1. As long as it's published on Hubpages FIRST, Hubpages will not take any action if you "duplicate" it elsewhere. I have duplicated several hubs and get plenty of traffic to both the hub and the content in question.

2. The main issue people see with duplicate content is that you're "competing with yourself" in search results. If there are two articles with the same title, Google has to decide which one to rank higher.

3. Matt Cutts himself says that duplicate content is fine when it's not spammy and won't impact the search algorithms other than deciding which to rank higher (if you duplicate the title.)

However, until you're more experienced with online writing, I'd recommend avoiding duplicate content. You could do up a 100 word "teaser" and then link back to your hub though, using a different title (so you can rank for two sets of keywords).

1. profile image0

Okay, so just make new content or a "teaser" on a personal website related to the link I want the reader to read then add the link. Hmmm, yes very complicated. I have it on my list of things I want to do after I've been writing on here for a while. Thanks!

2. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. profile image0

HubPages has unpublished my hubs and given me the "duplicate content" warning email after other sites have ripped them off.  I had to contact HP  to explain that it wasn't me and get them republished.

1. profile image0

Hmmm, interesting. Okay, I will keep all of this in mind. Thanks for sharing smile

2. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

calculus-geometry, some of my hubs have been duplicated over 100 times (especially my pregnancy ones) across forums, other websites etc. I'm surprised to hear they'd unpublish you for that.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
          DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have also had many hubs copied and if they are on a site that I think is going to help dog owners manage their pet´s health I do not try to get them taken down. HP has put a lot of "your hub has been copied" notices on my profile page but has never unpublished even one of them.

1. profile image0

Thanks. Do you just save them to your computer and post them in other places, may I ask?

2. profile image0

It was on a newer account with fewer hubs and a lower hubberscore.  I was actually quite shocked at how rude and condescending the email was considering how obvious it was that the scraper site had copied my hubs, and I don't think they would have sent that email to a more established account. It just another example of how HP treats is users very differently depending on the stats of the account!

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
            DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that info.

4. Anne Harrison profile image94
      Anne Harrisonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

AS always, excellent points, thank you WryLilt

5. profile image0
    Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 8 years ago

Hi Farawaytree... I write all everything on my word processing software first, then cut and paste it to the relevant capsules in the Hub Builder.

1. profile image0

Ah ha, okay. Do you use your work elsewhere?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)